First Class

Inside the testing hall Akari stood at the back of the room. She hid herself in the corner and watched as Rin ran in with Kiko, Mollie, and Sophine. Rin looked at all the people in front of him, as if he was looking for Akari, however he was soon surrounded by his friends. The distraction caused Rin to introduce his friends to his new friends he just made. As the group to young boys and girls spoke to each other excitedly, Akari had already looked away and had her nose stuck inside her book.

"If you all can settle down, please." Principle Dolph asked as he stood on stage with the rest of the teachers. "Settle down."

The children all listened and stood in straight lines. There were five rows with ten people standing in the row. 51 students total who tested for The Astronia Academy.

"Thank you everyone who came today. Everyone here knows the standards of Astronia Academy. Our Astronia Academy is not only prestigious throughout our country, but our reputation rings far and wide. Once you enter Astronia Academy, you have the responsibility to carry our name wherever you go. And that is why we are selective at who we invite to take the entrance exam." Principle Dolph told them. "As for your test results, if I do not call your name, that means you failed. When I call your name, I will call your rank as well. You will then come up here and receive this paper with your class schedule. After all the names are called, you are to report to the first class and your teacher will inform you on what will happen next."

Principal Dolph began reading names and rank. The student would receive the handed out paper and immediately leave the testing hall to their first class.

"Mollie Thorwbeck. Rank 10."

....

"Donovan Fernna. Rank 8."

"Sophine Lian. Rank 7."

"Wuying Lan. Rank 6."

...

"Delan Zaho. Rank 4."

"Kiko Lehar. Rank 3."

"Rin Noboru. Rank 2."

The whole time Rin looked around for Akari, but he didn't see her. His eyebrows scrunched together as he walked towards the stage to receive his schedule. With his paper in his hand he left the testing hall and stood by the door to hear Principal Dolph call out Akari's name. However all he heard was silence.

"Where did she go? It makes no sense for Akari not to place first." Rin whispered to himself as he tried to look into the testing hall again.

His vision was suddenly blocked by a chest that stood in front of him.

"Are you not going to your first class?"

Rin looked up and saw the teacher stare down at him with a stern face.

"My friend. She took the test and wasn't standing with us during the announcement. Her name wasn't called either."

"Student Rin. You should go to your first class. If your friends name wasn't called. It meant that she didn't get accepted."

"What do you mean she didn't get accepted, she--"

"Student Rin." The stern teacher said. "Go to your first class or I'll mark you for disobedience."

Rin opened his mouth, but closed it again. He glared at the teacher for a moment before going to his first class.

"Rotten girl, left and didn't even tell me." Rin grumbled under his breath as he complained about Akari. "Doesn't know how she makes others worry about her. With such a rotten girl, why should I care where she is and if she's alright. With four abilities, who should worry about her? She could protect herself! Not me. I'm not going to worry. Why should I worry. She's just a rotten girl."