Riho

General Chung Ae heard Akari describe the death of a Mage and he shivered in fear as well.  He was just glad that he wasn’t Akari’s opponent and promised to never be on the opposite end of her anger.  

When they reached the throne room, Akari, Kiko, and General Chung Ae saw that everything was already settled as well.  The rebel soldiers had thrown down their weapons and submitted to be taken to prison.

The King, his personal guards and several loyal ministers were safe.  The rebel soldiers were unable to enter the throne room.

Queen Maya, Crown Prince Ciar and several allied ministers were bound in rope and they all knelt in front of King Garrett.

“Welcome, Mage Akari and General Chung Ae.”  King Garrett said as he waved them into the throne room.  A tight smile was plastered on his face and everyone in the throne room made way for them.  “Tell me, what is the current situation outside of the palace?”

General Chung Ae knelt and reported to King Garrett.  

“My King, with the grace of the Gods and the help of Mage Akari, the rebel army has submitted their defeat.  Their head Generals and soldiers have been killed by Mage Akari, while the only person spared is this woman, Lady Kiko Lehar.”  

King Garrett turned to look over at Kiko.  Kiko quickly knelt down and bowed her head.  She knew it was too late for her to beg for mercy.  It would also be too late to ask for help.

“Why did you leave this one alive?”  King Garrett asked Akari.

“I left her alive because she deserved extra attention.”  Akari told King Garrett truthfully. “She and I have past aggriences that I personally need to attend to.  I hope King Garrett can be magnanimous enough to grant me this small gift.”

King Garrett nodded his head yes.  Whatever issues Mage Akari has with Lady Kiko has nothing to do with him.  He grant Mage Akari’s request, being how she and Mage Koya saved him and his people.  

His only regret was that he didn’t believe his best friend, Duke Obara.  When Obara came to him, he thought that Obara was making it up. Never in his life did he think that his own Queen and son would rebel against him.  Never would he have thought that they hid themselves so well that he didn’t even have a clue.

If not for Obara’s insistence that he and several trusted ministers enter the throne room with his personal guards, he would have died at the hands of his own wife and son.   

When there was word that there was a rebel army at the palace gates, did he finally believed to Obara.  Once inside of the throne room, they were all safely sealed inside. Who would have thought that Obara’s own wife, Riho would be a hidden agent for the rebels too.  

King Garrett looked over at Obara as he held Riho’s lifeless body in his arms.  Obara was too in shock to believe that the love of his life was the mole inside of his home.  Thinking about it, it made sense. The mole needed to be someone in high standing. High enough that they could let several allies infiltrate into his home without notice.  Nothing in Riho’s demeanor pointed to any signs of a hidden agenda.

They were childhood playmates, then lovers, in which they then became a married pair.  With Rin born out of their love and union. Obara had thought that they would grow old together as Rin began his own family.  They would hold their grandchildren and watch as they grow up as well.

He never expected the Riho was an agent for the Queen, implanted as a innocent child next to him.  Develop feelings of friendship and love, to be just a mission in the end. Was their love a lie, when it felt so real to him?  Obara couldn’t believe it. All those years together, as childhood sweethearts, as lovers, as husband and wife, as father and mother to Rin.  Were they all lies?

Obara looked up from his daze.  His eyes fell on Akari and Kiko.  It was then he realized that, yes, it could happen.  Didn’t they try to do the same thing to Rin with Kiko?  

Obara sighed heavily as his arms fell to the side as he lost hope in love and his belief in trust.  How can he continue with his life, knowing that it was a lie?

Once everyone loyal to the King was inside of the throne room, it was locked and guarded.  When the pounding of the door and several attacks by the rebel army to rip the throne room door out, did not work.  They changed tactics and brought Riho to the door. She cried out for Obara to open the door as they “tortured” her.  Riho’s screams and cries for help, broke his heart and spirit, however they couldn’t open the door. Not for anyone. Not even for his own wife who pleaded with him to open the door.  Who called out for help. Who called out for mercy. They still did not open the door. The King’s personal guards even had to tie Obara to a chair during one point of the night so he wouldn’t open the door and risk King Garrett’s life.  

When they finally heard Mage Koya’s voice, did they open the throne room door.  The rebel soldiers were all neatly kneeling and tied. Their weapons were in a pile in a corner while Queen Maya, Crown Prince Ciar and several allied ministers were tied and kneeling too, with their heads bowed.  

Who would have thought that the only person who was not tied up and kneeling was Riho.  Once Riho was brought in, Obara noticed that she was perfectly fine. There were no marks of torture on her body.  Obara could only shout out to warn King Garrett of the danger as he watched King Garrett’s personal guard slice Riho from throat to navel.  Her blood washed the marble floor red.

Obara could only watch as Riho died instantly in front of him.  With no words or explanation as to who she really was, if their love was a lie and why he was her target. It was only after he was untied from the chair he sat in for half the night did he shakely walk towards Riho and hold her cold, dead body and rock back and forth.  

“Before I can make anymore decisions of life and death to these traitors.  Take them all to prison. Make sure they do not have anything on them, not even poisoned pills hidden in their teeth.”  King Garrett ordered his people.

King Garrett looked over at his best friend and felt bad for him.  He quickly ordered for his servants to clean up the blood spilled in the room and take Riho’s body away.  Should Obara want to give Riho a proper burial, it would be up to him. That was the most benevolent he could be towards a traitor.

Dean and Akari left the castle along with Kiko.  What happens afterwards did not have anything to do with them.  They did their part to uncover and take revenge on the people who had a hand in her deaths.  They will not interfere with what happens next.