According To Fate

Rin and Kiko were suddenly broken up. Rumors ran rampant as to why they broke up. Some of them involved Akari, however no one was dumb enough to confront Akari nor did they have the guts to speak about it in front of Rin.

Four years pass with Rin keeping his distance from Kiko, Mollie and Sophine. His friendship with Donovan, Delan and Wuying was rocky. Donovan became distant from Delan and Wuying. He would leave Rin's side if Delan or Wuying came to speak to Rin. Rin tried to ask him why he was acting the way he was, but all he told Rin was that Delan and Wuying was not the kind of a friend he wanted in his life. Rin asked for clarification, however Donovan only shook his head and told him that if ever Rin was in a situation where he needed help, he shouldn't rely on Delan and Wuying to watch his back. When Rin asked Delan and Wuying about it, they told him that they didn't want to talk about it.

Within the past four years, Rin found Akari's hidden nook in the library and made himself a permanent spot next to her. As long as Rin didn't annoy her too much, she could stand his presence next to her.

Over the four years, she tried to have Kiko and Rin reconcile, however her plans were not thorough enough. The moment Rin saw Kiko, he would turn and walk away. Any time Kiko and Rin were in the same room, Rin was made sure to walk to the opposite side of the room.

They were 14 years old now and had moved to a different dormitory. They were six months into the year. At the end of the year, Akari would leave Astronia Academy and train with her teacher at Neboto Mountain. She couldn't wait to get away from Rin and Kiko. She would live on Neboto Mountain and avoid her death! She became excited just thinking about it. But before she left, she had to make sure Rin and Kiko were together.

Rin sat beside her during lunch. The two of them were sitting in the tree eating their sandwiches.

"Rotten girl." Rin said as he finished his sandwich. "When is your Master comming to get you?"

"Why are you asking, crybaby?"

"Just wondering." Rin told her. "You still have that necklace I gave to you at my Circle of Fate ceremony?"

Akari stopped chewing and tried to remember where it was. It had been so long since she saw the necklace. She wore it that one time and quickly took it off afterwards. She threw it somewhere in her room and Lena picked it up and placed in her jewelry box. Since then she never thought about it.

"Do you have it?!?" Rin asked as he took her sandwich from her hand and ate the rest of it.

"I do." Akari said as she threw an apple at Rin and watched as Rin caught the apple and bit into it. Akari cleaned her apple with a clean napkin before biting into her apple. "Why?"

"Just wondering." Rin said as he hid his thoughts and emotions. To this day, he wore his side of the necklace around his neck, never taking it off. He was happy she still had it.

"Has your Master reached out to you yet?"

Akari looked over to Rin as if she was looking at a dumb person.

"I'm just curious!?!" Rin said in defense.

"Why are you asking, crybaby? Are you going to miss me when I'm gone?" Akari teased. "Are you going to cry when I leave?"

"Of course I'm going to miss you!" Rin said as he looked away. "So what if I do cry! It's not like you're going to see it and call me crybaby. Besides, it's going to be awhile until I get to call you 'rotten girl' again!"

Akari tsked at him. Akari's eyes lit up as she saw her plan come into action. Kiko walked out from the academy and made her way towards the tree Akari and Rin sat in. Ever since Rin broke up with Kiko, Kiko never came back to the place where it all happened.