Bully

The next day Akari entered her first class which was history. She chose the same seat she sat in yesterday and everyone avoided looking at her. Rin and his friends came to class noisily. Their laughter and chatter filled the quiet room as Rin saw Akari already in her seat.

"Akari!" Rin shouted loudly as he ran to sit next to her. "Good morning!"

Akari didn't even turn her head towards him. She didn't even acknowledge his presence.

"What are your classes for the day?" Rin began to say.

Akari had already tuned everyone out as she stared out the window. She could feel Rin's gaze on her and knew he would be talking.

She thought about her past 99 lives. At first, when she kept reincarnating, she thought her mission was to make Rin fall in love with her. So she did everything for him to notice her. She learned everything that he liked and made sure she was in the same class. Even with her knowing what would happen in their past lifetime, fate would change and make life difficult for her. When she became tired of it and she avoided Rin and Kiko. Their friends would then work together to make Akari's life impossible to live and scheme against her.

All those lifetimes, she couldn't help herself. There was always something about him that made her love him. With one kind word. One gesture. One look. One smile. She fell back in love with him. And she would fall into fate's trap again where she would die and they would live a happy life.

"Akari!" Jean shouted, bring Akari back to her sense.

Akari turned her head around to look at the teacher. The student's giggled and laughed at Akari. Jean had been calling her name and she didn't answer her. He even went to her desk and waved his hand in front of her face and she didn't answer. It was only when he shouted her name and knocked on her desk that she paid attention to him.

"You're excused." Jean told her.

Akari got up and left the room, while everyone whispered. Why was she excused? Was it because she was in trouble? Does she have to go see the principal?

Jean quickly got the class in order and proceeded with the lesson.

Akari didn't go to the principal's office. She went to the library. The only schedule she had were her four ability lessons. The rest of her day was free. Unlike the rest of the students where they had to go take history, math, writing, music, and art classes.

Akari found a hidden nook in the library and took out the book that she wanted to read and stayed there until she had to go to her Trades lessons.

Akari's days went by peacefully. She no longer had to go to first class to check in with Teacher Jean. She immediately went to the library until she had to attend her Trades lesson. After that, she went to Fighting lessons then Mage lessons. Her Scholar lesson was reading all the books in the library, so she was already doing that.

Akari could feel that the Gods of Fate were ready to play with her when she had so many days of peace. She was just waiting for the day to come, when she was heading towards the library and was suddenly cornered by Mollie and Sophine.

"Hey!" Sophine said as she blocked Akari's way. "We need to talk. Come with us."

Akari looked at Sophine then tried to walk around her, but was blocked by Mollie.

"Didn't you hear what Sophine said? We need to talk to you. Come quietly with us or you'll regret it."

"Lead the way." Akari said as she took a step back.

Sophine smiled and lead the way as Mollie walked behind Akari. They walked through the halls and passed by several students and teachers. They made their way out of the academy to the back of the academy where there were no students.

Akari saw that they lead her to the tree where she and Rin sat in when it was their first day there. Kiko stood by the tree and waited until they reached in front of her before she spoke.

"Akari." Kiko said as she looked up. Her eyes were watery as if what she was going to say next was so hard for her to do. "I want to ask what kind of a relationship you have with Rin."

When silence answered Kiko, Sophine became mad and shouted at Akari.

"Kiko asked you a question! Why aren't you answering her?"

When they were met with silence again, Sophine raised her hand to hit Akari, but was stopped by Kiko.

"No, don't hit her. We didn't ask her to come here to hit her." Kiko said as she looked worried for Akari. "I--I wanted to ask what relationship you have with Rin because I like him. And I want you to stay away from him."

Silence greeted them once again and made Sophine angry. She was about to yell at Akari when Akari finally spoke.

"This is what you brought me out here for?" Akari asked. "If you want him. You can have him. I wish nothing but the best for you and Rin."

"I want you to stay away from him. I want you to stop being around him. I want you to stop talking to him. I want---"

"Stop." Akari interrupted. "I already told you that you can have him. So stop bothering me and stop wasting my time."

Akari turned around and left when suddenly she saw Rin and his friends who just exited the academy.

Kiko suddenly started crying as the rest of the boys ran towards Kiko, comforting her.

"What's wrong, Kiko. Why are you crying." Donovan asked as he looked worried.

"It's Akari. She bullied Kiko. Luckily we saw Kiko and ran out her to stop Akari."

Rin heard Mollie's words and his eyes squinted. Akari heard Mollie smear her name, but she didn't care. She kept walking.

"Rin! She's your friend. Why didn't you say something!" Wuying said as he looked angrily at Akari's fading back.

Rin looked between Kiko and Akari. When he looked at Rin, there was a side of him that wanted to protect her. Wanted her to stop crying. Wanted her to smile. But there was this other side to him that told him it was fake. Told him to not believe what he was told. Told him to go to Akari.

When he looked at Akari. He felt sad. Sad that she was alone. Anxious that she'll disappear one day without telling him. Longing to be beside her.

"Rin! Aren't you going to say something! Akari bullied Kiko because of you!" Sophine said. "She's jealous that you have been spending so much time with Kiko and wanted Kiko to stop being friends with you. She was just about to hit Kiko when we stopped her."

Rin frowned at her words.

"Is this true Kiko?" Rin asked.

Kiko kept crying as she nodded yes.

Rin tsked at them before running away from them. He ran to the academy to find Akari. He wanted to know what Kiko, Mollie and Sophine said to her.

"Rin!" They all yelled. "Rin, stop!"

Everyone thought Rin was running to Akari to yell at her, to teach her a lesson. But what they didn't know what that this incident made him wary of Kiko, Mollie and Sophine. He knew Akari too well.

Akari would never say what they accused Akari of saying because Akari hates talking. She especially hates talking to people she doesn't know. She never seeks out other people because she thinks their annoying to look at.

Rin smiled as he remembered Akari's words that she said to him so many times.

"Why would I look for people to talk to? They're all annoying! If they're annoying to look at, why would I speak to annoying people?"

"But that's how you make friends." Rin said as he whine to her.

"If you want to make friends, go make them yourself, crybaby."

That day Rin looked to Akari, but couldn't find her. Even at her dorm room, Lena told him she hadn't come back from classes yet.

"Rotten girl." Rin muttered to himself. "How could you let others bully you and not tell me? How could you let others lie about you and not say what is true or not! Always making others worried about you."