Rin (3)

Rin squinted his eyes in annoyance.  How was she able to get a head from him so fast?  Since her first plan to stop him didn’t work, she had to physically stop him with her carriage.  

“Go around her.  If she stops you, inform her that you are in a hurry to return to the Noboru estate.”

The driver did exactly what Rin ordered.  Kiko’s driver tried to stop him once their paths crossed, but they were able to leave Kiko’s carriage behind.  When Rin finally made it home, he ordered his head servant that they were not accepting visitors, even if it is Lady Kiko.  

“Please inform my parents of my order as well.  I do not want them to welcome Kiko into our home.”  Rin ordered.

Rin took a few steps away, but suddenly stopped.  

“If Lady Akari or Duke and Duchess Ayame visits, let them through.” Rin corrected himself.  “Anyone else, turn them away. Especially Lady Kiko and anyone from the Lehar family.”

With his orders in place, Rin returned to his room to change and freshen up.  He laid back in his tub as the hot water calmed his body, his sense and thoughts.  He would need to speak to his parents when they came back from visiting the company branches of Noboru Enterprises.  They left two months ago to visit each branch and should be coming home soon.

His personal servant, Theo, stood by the bathing door and walked back and forth from the bathing door to the bedroom door.  Theo answered the knock at the bedroom door and made hushed conversations before closing the bedroom door and walking back to the bathing door to wait for Rin’s orders.

After a few times, Rin wasn’t able to enjoy his time alone anymore.  He quickly washed up and dried himself. He wrapped a towel around himself and walked out of the bathing room with Theo following him.  

Theo quickly helped Rin dry himself again before helping Rin get dressed.  

“Who was at the door?  What did they want?”

“It was Clovis.  After you orders, Lady Kiko came for a visit.  Clovis was unable to persuade her to leave. She pushed her way into the receiving room and planted herself in one of the seats demanding Clovis report to you of her visit.  Clovis could not deter her from leaving. She demanded Clovis to tell you that she was here. She was adamant that you would welcome her. When he went back with the same answer, she was not happy and demanded to speak to you.  She is determined to stay where she is until you speak to her.” Theo informed Rin.

Rin sighed heavily and left his room.  It was finally time to break up with Kiko.  This time for good. He no longer wanted anything to do with Kiko.  With this move against her, he thought that they would start making bigger plans to go against him and his family.  And maybe one of those plans, they would make a mistake, which Rin could exploit and get evidence for their treachery.    

Rin walked down the stairs and could hear Kiko crying and her maid comforting her. Rin sneered at Kiko’s acting and quickly entered the receiving room.  When Kiko saw Rin, she wiped her tears away from her beautiful face. Her red rimmed eyes and rosy cheeks made her look more endearing. It made others want to protect her.  Rin knew that under her beautiful face was a malicious heart.

“Rin!”  Kiko cried.  “Why---”

“We’re through.”  Rin said cutting Kiko off.  He didn’t want to her speak.  He didn’t want to hear her excuses.  He wanted her to leave as soon as possible.  “You and I both know that I do not love you. I have not loved you in a long time.  There is nothing that you can say to make me change my mind. Your pleas would be useless towards me.  Noboru Enterprises will no longer work with Lehar Trading. Our contracts that we have with Lehar Trading with be voided and the penalties will be paid in full. Do not come to my home anymore.  Do not seek my parents and speak to them. There will no longer be any connection between the Lehar family and the Noboru family. Do I make myself clear?”

“It’s because of Akari, isn’t?!?”  Kiko shouted. “In the end, it is always Akari!  You have always loved her, even when you’re with me, you were always thinking about her!  The moment she comes back, you break up with me! Back then she took you away from me and now she did it again!”  

“This has nothing to do with Akari.”  Rin told Kiko coldly.

“It’s all her fault.  She should have stayed away!”  Kiko cried as her shoulder shook.  “How can you forsake me! After all the years we’ve been together, does it mean nothing to you?  Do I mean nothing to you?”

“Leave my home.  You’re no longer welcomed here.  There is nothing between you and me anymore.”  Rin ordered her.

Kiko cried in her maid’s arms for a long time before her tears dried up.  She stood up and made her way out of the receiving room. When she passed Rin, Rin’s words made Kiko shiver in fear.  She had never seen Rin so unfeeling and dangerous.

“If you do anything to Akari and her family, I will end your fate and your family’s fate with my own hands.”

Kiko began to cry again at Rin’s warning.  She left with her maid and the room became quiet again.  

“Everything that she touched, throw it away. Burn it.  I want nothing here that reminds me of her.” Rin ordered.