Asking For Help

When Akari and Dean finally came downstairs, it was late afternoon and they were holding hands.  Rin watched from the receiving room as they made their way towards the dining room. They crossed the receiving room as if they did not notice him and directly went into the dining room.  Inside of the dining room, Rin watched as the servants quickly served them food and watched as they feed each other from their own plate. As if no one else was watching. As if no one else mattered to them. 

They were two people so in love that it mattered not what others thought about them.  It mattered not how others feel about their nauseating actions. Jealousy ran through him quickly.  It could have been him that made her smile. Him that made her look so lovingly at. Him that held her hand as they ate.  Him who fed her. Him who held her. Him who could have been her whole world.

They were destined from the very beginning to be together.  The fates tied together for so long. He would never be able to let her go.  Never let her be with someone else. He needed to show Akari that Mage Koya is not who he seems to be.  If he could show Akari that Mage Koya was not sincere about her, she would break up with Mage Koya and come back to him. He just needed to wait and take advantage of the situation when the time came. 

He could never give Akari up.  She belonged to him and only him.  He couldn't see himself with anyone else but Akari.  She stayed by his side for so long, it's where she belongs.  It's the reason why the Gods reincarnated her over and over again.  She was meant for him.

Rin's eyes became more infatuated with Akari.  He thought back to his past lives and remembered Akari pleading with him to leave Kiko.  Holding his hand and smiling at him when he did. He remembered her scent against his body when they hugged.  He remember how it felt like to be on the receiving end of her love and attention. Rin wanted everything of Akari back into his life.  This time, he wouldn't waste his time with Kiko and give his all to Akari. This time, he would make sure she receive all his love back.  He would pamper her and love her. Take care of her and protect her. This time he would not make the same mistakes as he did in the past.  He would cherish her and they would grow old together. And when he died, he would wish for the Gods to grant him another lifetime with Akari. 

Rin felt his body heat up with lustful thoughts of Akari as he watched her profile.  From her soft lips, to her delicate hands, Rin memorized her every curve and shape as if he was undressing her with his eyes.  His throat became dry as his thoughts became more lewd.

Suddenly the dining hall door was shut with a bang, scaring Rin momentary.  His attention and thoughts were getting the better of him and he had forgotten to hide them.  He still needed Akari and Mage Koya's help. Without their help, his family would fall. They would suffer the same fate and he didn't want to experience the same fate again.  He would need to wait and expose Mage Koya after they helped him settle his family problems. He would then make Akari realize who truly loves her, the way she was meant to be loved. 

Rin looked down to the rug in front of him and reigned in his lustful thoughts.  He hid his emotions for Akari and his intentions for Mage Koya. When his eyes looked back up, every thought about taking Akari away from Mage Koya was gone.  What remained was pure thoughts of asking a friend for help.

Twenty minutes later the dining room door opened as Akari stepped out of the room with Mage Koya.  Mage Koya had an arm around her waist as they smiled and laughed. Their eyes gazed lovingly at each other which made Rin's heart feel as if it was ripping apart.  Rin closed his eyes and took a deep breath to stabilize his heart and thoughts.

"Akari."  Rin called out when he opened his eyes and saw that they made their way towards the stairs. "Mage Koya." 

Akari and Dean turned back and saw as Rin walked out of the receiving room. 

"May I have a moment of your time?" Rin asked as he stopped at the doorway.  "Please."

Akari raised her eyebrow at Dean and looked to see what his decision was.  Dean shrugged his shoulders and let Akari make their decision for the both of them. 

"Just a moment."  Rin pleaded. "It concerns my family."

Akari slowly nodded her head in agreement and the both of them followed Rin inside of the receiving room. 

The moment they entered, Rin asked for all the servants and maids to leave the three of them alone inside of the room. 

Once alone, Rin looked across from him and felt his heart being stabbed again with a knife.  Akari next to Mage Koya was a reality that he couldn't accept at the moment so he cleared his throat and took his tea cup and sipped on it for a moment to clear his thoughts. 

Akari and Dean waited for Rin to gather his courage to speak.  Akari knew it was hard for Rin to see her and Dean together, however he gathered enough courage to come to her home and face them together.  Whatever he wanted to speak to her about must mean a lot to him.

The silence covered Rin's awkward moment longer and longer.  Time was something that Mages have, so Dean did not mind waiting.  As long as Akari was next to him, he would have waited next to her for as long as she would like to stay. 

Rin cleared his throat once again before placing the empty tea cup down and looked at Akari in her eyes before he began to speak.

"I told you before...that I remember my past lives as well.  That after your death, not longer afterwards, I died as well."  Rin said unsteadily before clearing his throat again. "I told you that the reason why I stayed with Kiko was to keep an eye on her and find out who is actually controlling her.  I have found who that person is. And that is where I need your help."