For Eternity

Akari looked at Dean and Dean's wooden face did not move. His hand just kept caressing her waist. Akari looked back at Rin and could see just how much pride he had to put aside to ask for a favor.

"Who is it?" Akari asked. Who, in the end, is it that was also the cause of her deaths?

"The King." Rin told her in a soft voice so no one standing outside the door could hear him.

"Him?" Akari asked as he couldn't believe their own King would do such a thing. Especially since the King and Duke Obara were good friends.

Rin nodded is head in agreement. He didn't want to say the King's name or mention his title again, just in case anyone overheard his conversation.

"I was just as surprised as you are. But he's the only one with enough power and foresight to set up my family and kill us in one stroke." Rin told Akari. "I have evidence to this as well. Not a lot, but enough to see the outline of his schemes against my family. I can show you, if you don't believe me."

"I would like to see what evidence you have gathered." Akari told him.

"I don't have it on me. It's at home, but you both can come over and see it." Rin said quickly. "I couldn't take the chance carry it with me and have it taken from me."

"I understand." Akari nodded her head.

"Tomorrow night, you and your family will dine with my family as a celebratory dinner. I will show you the evidence then." Rin promised. "Afterwards, I would need your help. Both, you and Mage Koya's help."

"And what kind of help where you looking for?" Dean finally asked as he looked at the pitiful man in front of him.

He finally began to wonder what exactly about Rin did Akari loved for so long? What it his semipar handsome features? His disdainful character? His ungrateful demeanor? His lack luster gestures? What was it about Rin that made his wife so in love with him that she lived and died for him? The more Dean looked at Rin, the more he wanted to erase Rin out of Akari's life. Cut her fated ties with Rin so they would not meet each other in the next lifetime.

"I... I need your permission to use your name, your reputation, and maybe even your powers to deter the King of his plan to kill me and my family." Rin told them. "If you can help me with this, I'll forever be in your debt."

Rin waited for a long time before Akari spoke.

"I will speak with my parents and we will meet up with your family tomorrow for dinner. After reviewing your evidence, I will give you my answer then."

"Thank you, Akari." Rin said as he sighed heavily. "That is all I'm asking for. Thank you."

Rin got up and combed his hair back with his hand in a nervous gesture.

"I'll see you guys tomorrow then."

"See you." Akari said as she stood up as well. Dean didn't get up, however he still kept his hand around her waist, preventing her from moving away from him.

Seeing how possessive Mage Koya was of Akari made Rin's heart tighten even more. It was as if his heart was being squeezed and wringed out like yesterday's laundry.

Rin looked away and left the Akari's home. When he got into his carriage, he left without looking behind him. He had several things to do before the day ended. He couldn't afford to keep on thinking about Akari, even though he wanted to.

Akari sat back down and leaned into Dean.

"What do you think?" Akari asked as she sighed softly and nuzzled into his embrace.

"Whatever you want to do, I'll listen to you and follow." Dean told her. "Although Mages are not supposed to get involved in politics, this concerns you, so I will do as you say."

"What will the other Mages say or do if they find out you and I got involved?" Akari asked.

"Some would just look the other way. Some might get involved as well. Others might be over righteous of themselves and their duties and would want to destroy us." Dean told her as he kissed the crown of her head. "In the end, it matters not what others say or think. As long as our powers are stronger than theirs, then they won't be able to say or do anything to us."

"Then I'll get stronger." Akari told him. "Then that way we can protect each other."

Dean nodded his head in agreement. He too wanted to punish the people who hurt his wife. Even though she was hurt in her past lifetimes, Dean felt as if he needed to give those who cause his wife's deaths a fate worse than death. He needed to repay them for all the pain and hurt Akari went through for 99 lifetimes. Only then would he be satisfied.

The rest of the day, Akari and Dean spent with Jona and Emi. When Akari told them about the dinner party at Rin's home, the two of them looked at each other secretly before agreeing to go with Akari and Dean. They knew something was happening, just that their daughter and Rin did not want to tell them. Maybe they could take that time to speak to Obara and Riho about it so they too will know what is going on.

When night fell, Dean took the time to bath with Akari again. His wandering hands kept bringing her to her peak causing her legs to be weak and her body to feel relaxed. Dean carried her to bed and wrapped the both of them inside of the blanket. He held her close to his chest as she slept. He watched as she slept and ran his finger over her long eyelashes. Akari's eyes twitched and her eyebrows crinkled in confusion causing him to smile and kiss her temple before closing his eyes. He felt as if his whole body and mind was so happy. As if there was nothing in the world to bring him down from his high.

"Gods, if your listening." Dean prayed as he held Akari tighter to his chest. "I just wanted to thank you for bringing Akari into my life. For tying her fate and my fate together and making us husband and wife. Thank you, for giving me this happiness after a long time of darkness."

Dean breathed in Akari's scent which made his body relax even more.

"In the next lifetime. Please let us be husband and wife again." Dean selfishly asked the Gods. "And the next lifetime after that and so on and so forth. Tie our fates together as husband and wife, for eternity."

***A/N: Surprise! Mass release for you lovely people! Thank you for your patience, your love and support. I am feeling better, but not quite out of the woods yet. Please be patient with me as I focus on my health and will try to publish more chapters this week. Thank you. Xoxo -ptd