Chapter 10: No more secrets

I was sitting in maths class unable to concentrate on anything other than Mark's secret. The numbers were growing hazy in front of my eyes. After a while I looked over at my boyfriend who gave me an innocent smile.

"Miss Anderson, would you like to share your results with the class?", the teacher's voice rang in my ears.

"I-I still need some time to finish.", I stuttered

"But you had more than an hour to finish your worksheet. Is everything okay?" The whole class was staring at me.

"Yes, I'm fine..."

"Alright, if you say so."

After class my teacher stopped me from rushing out of the classroom. "Miss Anderson, do you have a minute? I'm kind of worried about your behavior lately. You used to be one of my best students. But now you seem to be pretty absent in class."

Mark walked out of the classroom slightly touching my shoulder. "My friends are waiting for me. I'll see you later during lunch break, okay?" But he didn't even wait for my response.

Carefully I glimpsed down to the screen of my phone lighting up. The message read, "Go to room 208 asap if you want to know the truth!"

"Miss Anderson, are you even listening to me? I was asking you what was going on with you lately."

"I'm sorry, Mr. Samuel. I promise I will concentrate more in class in the future but right now I really have to go." I stormed out of the classroom still debating in my head whether I should go to room 208. But my feet made that decision for me.

Next thing I remembered I was standing in front of room 208 - Mrs. Gregory's classroom. What was I supposed to do here?

In that moment, I received another message. "Go in!" I turned around nervously, trying to figure out who was watching me. But there was no one in sight.

I turned the doorknob in front of me. The door opened without making a single sound. Sadly, I was not prepared to see what the door was revealing to me.

"Hurry up, we don't have a lot of time!", Mrs. Gregory said. He pulled down his pants and pushed her against the table kissing her violently.

All I could do was to stand there in shock, watching them. I watched them undressing each other, I watched him pushing into her, over and over again, and I watched her screaming his - oh so familiar - name. It was pure torture but I couldn't stop myself... or them.

Minutes passed by until Mark finally looked at me. He pulled away from Mrs. Gregory almost immediately. "Chloe, what are you doing here? It's not what it looks like..."

Tears started to well out of my eyes and before I knew I was running down the hallway, away from everybody. I just wanted to be alone.

On my way out I jumped into someone. All his books fell onto the ground. "Je suis désolé, ma chérie. Are you okay?", the tall blonde haired boy asked. He gave me an apologetic look before smiling slightly.

"Yes... I'm sorry." I didn't want to be rude but I just couldn't talk to anyone right now. So I kept on running. Even though there was one person I could talk to, one person who would understand what I was going through...

Me: You knew this whole time, didn't you?

Un: I'm so sorry, Chloe. I wish you didn't have to find out about Mark like this but you just wouldn't believe me

Me: It's not your fault. I just don't understand why he had to... with Mrs. Gregory... At least, everything makes sense now. His weird behavior, her treating me like she hated me...

Un: I guess she was jealous of you

I sat down on my sofa at home and let all the thoughts sink in. Most people would have expected me to cry my eyes out right now but I didn't. Our relationship hadn't been sincere for a long time and it was time to get over that asshole...

I just wanted to thank my 'stalker' or whatever he/she was to me for opening my eyes. It was time to find out the whole truth. No more secrets...

Me: So now that I know the truth about Mark. You might as well tell me who you are...

Un: I can't.

Me: Why not? I just want to thank you for everything you've done for me

Un: And I would do it again in a heartbeat but you can't find out who I am. You wouldn't want to know...

What was that supposed to mean? Of course I wanted to know who he/she was. I needed a friend right now, someone I could talk to in times like these. Everyone had either left or betrayed me and the only person I wanted to be close to, wouldn't show me his/her face.

Author's Note:
Hey loves, I finally found the time to finish this chapter and I'm so excited to share it with you.

What do you think about Mark's affair?
Will Chloe ever forgive him?
Who is the boy Chloe bumped into?
And still, who is hiding behind the messages?

If you like this story so far please vote, comment, add it to a reading list or share it with your friends. It would mean a lot to me ♥️