Chpater 26: Sleepover

Chloe's POV:

Joe, Aileen and I talked for the rest of the evening. We let her in on everything that had happened and finally told her about our plan to help Cole. To my surprise she was totally sympathetic to Joe flirting with another girl since she knew that it didn't mean anything to him.

Certain that Stacey would show up again, we convinced Joe to throw another party. Until then, Aileen and Joe had to keep their relationship a secret.

Everything went according to plan until two days before the party. Aileen and I walked out of Mr. Samuel's classroom when we ran into Joe and Travis.

As awkward as it was, I greeted Joe with a hug like I usually did. "Hey guys, what are you up to?" I asked casually.

"Nothing much. Joe just told me about his party on Friday. It's gonna be lit. Are you coming too?"

I looked back and forth between Joe and Aileen but it seemed like neither one of them were listening to a single word Travis had just said. Joe was darting longing glances at Aileen while she ignored him completely. "Of course, we're coming." I poked Aileen in the rips pulling her out of her trance. "Joe always throws the best parties."

"I'm just glad someone appreciates it." Joe answered and gave me a wink.

When I looked back at Travis, he had the biggest smile plastered on his face. "I know things have been tough with Mark but the two of you would make the cutest couple."

I almost choked on my own saliva. "Oh no, Joe and I are just friends."

Travis held his hands up in surrender. "I give it two weeks... Anyways, I gotta run. See you on Friday." That's the last thing he said before leaving.

Slowly, I turned to face my friends again. Joe's cheeks were bright red as he stared at his girlfriend. Aileen, on the other hand, was glancing at me, her eyebrows raised.

"You know that it was just a mindless comment. Joe and I would never... even when you were gone nothing remotely romantic ever happened between us."

She bit her lip in frustration. "It's just weird, okay? When I left, the two of you barely looked at each other and now you're the closest friends."

"You're right, I get it. Let's just have a sleepover tonight and talk all of this through." I smiled at her, knowing she couldn't say no to a sleepover.

"A sleepover?" Joe asked.

Aileen whipped her head towards him. "You're obviously not invited."

"Obviously," he chuckled.

-

When I opened the door, Aileen stood there with two pizzas in her hands and a smirk plastered all over her face. "Pizza party!"

I took the food out of her hands and smiled. "That's why I love you."

We sat down at the kitchen table devouring the pizzas as I remembered why Aileen came over in the first place. "Alright, whatever you think or whatever worries you have about Joe and I, just throw them in my face. I can handle it."

"I'm not worried about the two of you."

I dropped my slice back onto the plate. "What? But I thought that's why you came over... to discuss my friendship with Joe."

Aileen chuckled. "Not exactly, I wanted to ask you something in private."

"Okay..." I took a sip of water.

"When you were with Mark, how did you know you were ready to have sex?"

I started coughing uncontrollably. "That's why you wanted to talk to me?" She nodded. "Maybe Mark and I aren't the best role models when it comes to relationships."

"Why? What happened?" I had provoked Aileen's curiosity without wanting to.

"A few weeks into our relationship Mark told me that he wanted more. Back then I wasn't sure if I was ready but we got caught up in the moment and I didn't have the heart to tell him to stop."

"And did you regret it?"

"Kind of, after that I felt like our whole relationship revolved around sex. Whenever we didn't do it for a while, Mark started to pay less attention to me."

"That's what I'm afraid of. Right now, Joe would do anything for me. He sees me as his small, innocent angel." Aileen blushed at the thought of him. "But if we take this next step, he might be disappointed by it or maybe it changes the way he looks at me.

"So you guys haven't...?" She shook her head. "Aileen, you can't compare Joe to Mark. Even in the beginning we never had what you guys have right now. Mark never looked at me the way Joe looks at you and I strongly believe that his love for you won't change no matter what happens. If you think you're not ready or you feel uncomfortable, you should take your time. But don't let those irrational fears destroy your relationship. Have you ever thought about talking to him about it?"

"Of course, I've thought about it. But Joe seems so invested in our relationship that maybe he won't understand my doubts. I just don't want to lose him."

I chuckled softly. "Aileen, I think you could run him over with a bulldozer and he would still love you unconditionally."

It made her laugh as well. "You're right, Joe isn't the kind of guy who changes just because we had sex. Thanks, Chloe."

"Anytime... So, are you ready for chocolate and movies?" I wiggled my eyebrows playfully.

"There's one more thing." She leaned forward, smiling brightly. "What are you going to do about Noah?"

"Honestly, I don't know. It's hard to find someone who doesn't want to be found. And I don't even know what I would say to him once we find him."

"You could tell him how you feel."

"I haven't even figured that out by myself. But there's someone who knows how he feels or felt, at least." I leaned forward as well.

"I won't tell you any details, although I think that only you could convince him to come back." Before I could answer, Aileen stood up from her seat. "Chocolate and movies?"

Author's Note:
Hey loves, I know this chapter is kind of boring but I needed to write it for the next chapter to make sense. So stay tuned!

What do you guys think about Tristan's comment? Did he strike a chord?
What's going to happen between Joe and Aileen?
And will Chloe and Noah reunite soon?

If you like this story so far please vote, comment, add it to a reading list or share it with your friends. It would mean a lot to me ♥️