Chapter 32: Stalking

"I still can't believe you would even consider getting back together with Mark. He treated you like shit and obviously, he still hasn't learned his lesson..." Aileen proceeds to close the front door of my house. "That was amazing." She squeals as soon as the door is closed.

"I know, right? Did you see the look on Mark's face? He bought every single word." I laugh and let myself fall onto the couch.

"I can't wait to see his reaction when he finds out that all of this was just an act... and I can't wait to see if the rest of our plan worked as well." She wiggles her eyebrows at me.

"I hope so but even if it didn't, getting revenge on Mark is enough for now."

"You're too humble." Aileen smiles, her hand still on the doorknob. "Anyway, I think I should go and let Joe in on our plan. He has already texted me like 20 times how things went with Mark."

"I feel kind of bad for leaving him out of the plan. Maybe he would have helped us after all."

Aileen sighs. "No, he would have told us that it was a stupid idea and that you shouldn't get too close to Mark, no matter what you're intending... And don't worry. I will make it up to him." She smirks before turning to leave.

"Eww, I didn't want to know that!" I laugh trying to erase the pictures.

"Love you too." Aileen blows me a kiss and closes the door behind her.

I pour myself a glass of water and turn on the tv. Now it's time to wait and see how everything works out.

After a while my phone screen lights up. I pick it up from the couch and smile to myself.

Mark: Too bad we got interrupted earlier... There's still so much I want to say and do to you. Let's meet up again without Aileen!

I wait a few minutes before replying.

Me: Yeah, let's do that. I'm pretty busy at the moment but maybe I can squeeze it in next week.

Mark: Sounds great! Just text me as soon as you can.

Our plan works out perfectly. Mark is finally running after me for a change which means I can lead him on until he's desperate enough to do anything I want.

I sit back and enjoy my small victory when I hear someone pounding against the door. "Joe, we still have a doorbell." I yell out.

No answer. Slowly, I get up and open the front door.

"Are you out of your right mind? Mark's the devil and you know that. How can you even consider getting back together with him?" My eyes widen at the sight of Noah in front of me.

Clearly mad he walks past me into the living room before continuing. "I saw you, Chloe. The way you forgave him, hugged him and wouldn't let go until Aileen literally pulled you away. I really expected more of you. I mean he has lied and cheated on you. How can you forgive him that easily after everything he has done?" I can't stop a smile from creeping up on my face. "Why are you smiling? I'm trying to get through to you."

"No reason, just go on. You were saying that I shouldn't forgive him..." I lean against the door and wait for him to keep talking. It feels good to know that after all he still cares about me.

Noah seems to be taken off guard. "Right... as harsh as that sounds, Mark is only coming back to you because he feels lonely and he thinks that he still has a shot. You can't let him play with you like that."

"You're absolutely right." I return without any explanation.

Noah's jaw relaxes a bit at my words. "So you won't get back together with him?"

"Of course not, I never planned on doing that. Mark's an asshole and he broke my heart." I give Noah an innocent smile.

"But I saw you... You were hugging him." He raises his eyebrows, his arms folded in front of his chest.

"It was nothing more than a trick. I knew that I could never get back at Mark if he didn't trust me. So Aileen and I worked out a plan to make that happen."

"That's a bad idea. You could get hurt if you get too close to Mark. He still knows how to pull your strings."

"I'm glad to see you still care about me. That's why I need your help. Mark won't be able to hurt me if I have Aileen, Joe and you on my side."

Noah shakes his head. Within a second he reaches for the door I'm still leaning against. "I can't do that. Chloe, you know that I want to stay away."

I shift all of my body weight against the door to keep him from leaving. "So tell me why. And don't give me that bullshit about your secret. I don't want to hear it if you're not ready to tell me. Please, just don't leave again. That's all I'm asking for." I take Noah's hand into my one.

He stares at our hands for quite a while. "What do you want from me? If I tell you the truth it would break your heart."

I hold his hand even tighter than before. "Then, don't. Don't you get it? I like you and there's nothing that can change the way I feel." The words are slipping out of my mouth. My breathing becomes ragged as I realize what I just said to him.

Noah looks up into my eyes. I bite my lip nervously but I manage to hold his stare. "What did you just say?" He smiles.

"Nothing..." I cover my face with both hands to hide my reddening cheeks.

Softly, his hands wrap around my wrists and lower them from my face. I look back up into his sparkling eyes. "Don't you ever feel embarrassed in front of me." He whispers before leaning in closer.

Only a few inches away from my face he stops. "Are you sure you can live with this?"

"Yes, it doesn't matter to me." I answer sincerely. After everything I want Noah in my life no matter what he's still hiding.

Slowly, he closes the distance between us. My lips tingle as Noah touches them softly with his own. He moves his hands down to my waist and holds me tightly in his embrace. It feels like a million fireworks are exploding inside of me.

I kiss him back just as tenderly as he did and wait for him to make the next move.

I'll post the next part as soon as this story gets 1000 reads. I promise you're going to love it 😍♥️