Chapter 3: Number One Asshole

The game hadn't even started yet and the girls in front of us were already gossiping. "Isn't Noah the hottest guy you've ever seen?" I imagined her drooling like a dog with its treat.

"Yeah, he's such a dream but I heard that he has a thing for college girls."

"Really? I thought we had this special connection." That's when Noah looked over to us with a smile on his face. Oh no, let the drama begin...

"Omg, you're totally right. He was so checking you out." I mentally puked five times already. How could some girls have so little self-esteem that they would throw themselves at any guy just smiling at them?

"Do you really think so? I mean I always knew that there was something between us..."

"You should totally go for it, girl. Noah is so into you."

"In your dreams...", Colin shamelessly said.

I slapped Colin's shoulder. "Don't be so rude. You can't just say something like that without apologizing." The girls in front of us were in shock. I had to admit it was kind of funny to watch but still, it wasn't fair. So I turned towards them with an apologetic smile. "You should know that he doesn't mean any of this. Sometimes he just talks before thinking about it. I'm sorry."

"What? I'm just being honest and saving her the heartbreak. We're still talking about Noah. He would never settle for someone like her." He just wouldn't stop.

Suddenly one of the girls started crying. The other one tried to comfort her while giving us the most evil look. "Come on, Stacey. We should leave. These idiots are just not worth our time." What the hell was wrong with these girls?

Fortunately, after the girls left Colin was quiet for a while which gave me the chance to focus on the game. Mark had just gotten the ball and ran forward, faster than all of his opponents. That's when he scored the first goal.

I immediately jumped off of my seat. "Go, Mark!" A bright smile spread across my face as he looked over at us and blew me a kiss. I know this was such a cliché but it was just the cheesy and romantic relationship I wanted.

"So, I heard about your fight yesterday?", Colin suddenly stated. He really didn't know the meaning of boundaries.

"What are you talking about? We never fight." It was kind of a lie but I really wanted Colin to back off. How did he even know about yesterday?

"You really want to deny Mark's weird phone call and him storming off right afterwards?"

"How do you even know about that?" My eyes were still darted on the field.

"Oh, please. I'm Mark's best friend. He tells me all of his dirty little secrets."

"What are you implying? Do you know who called him yesterday?" I turned to Colin expectantly. He had this cocky smirk plastered over his face.

"Oh, you would love to know that, wouldn't you? But if you really want me to break the bro code, I need something in return, something I've wanted for quite a while."

"And what would that be?" I was scared of Colin's answer but at the same time, I was really desperate to find out what Mark was hiding from me. We had never kept secrets from each other until then.

Colin leaned in closer only whispering, "I want you, Chloe Anderson." I closed my eyes in disgust. He couldn't be serious.

"Anything else?" I asked so ironically that even he had to take the hint.

"I want you in my bed, tonight..." This time he wasn't talking that quietly.

"Gross! What is wrong with you?"

To my relief Aileen stepped in. "Seriously, back off! Hitting on your best friend's girlfriend, that's a new low, even for you."

"Oh, come on, don't pee your pants. I'm just proposing a deal, that's all. And if you're worried about Mark, trust me he won't care that much." Colin tried to wink at me seductively but it just creeped me out even more.

"Okay, that's enough. Time out! Just go and bother someone else." Aileen shouted clearly annoyed.

Luckily, Colin stood up and turned to leave but not without whispering, "Think about it, sweety. You have nothing to lose."

As much as I wanted to ignore Colin's stupid comments they got me wondering. What did he mean when he said that Mark wouldn't care if I made this deal? Of course, he would. I would practically be cheating on him. And why did Colin think I had nothing to lose?

Aileen wrapped her arms around me. "Don't you dare letting him get into your head. Colin just wants to get between you two. There's nothing to worry about, okay?"

"You're right, he's just an asshole." I decided to let my thoughts go.

-

During the first break I received another message from the unknown number:

Un: You look beautiful today 😍

Me: Are you watching the game as well?

Un: Kind of... but I see you supporting the wrong player

Me: Are you talking about Mark? Why wouldn't I support him?

Un: I'm just saying that you shouldn't trust him blindly

Me: Why?

Again, he/she stopped texting randomly. By the time, it really started to bother me. Everyone told me that there was something wrong with Mark but no one said what exactly.

"Can we talk now?" Aileen asked interrupting my thoughts.

"Yes, of course." I followed her away from the field to the parking lot.

When Aileen finally came to a stop, she bit her lip nervously, avoiding my gaze. I pat her on the back in a comforting way. "Just try to relax. I can't be that bad, right?"

She took a deep breath before answering. "I really wish I didn't have to tell you that but..."

Author's Note:
Hey loves, I have finally been able to finish the third part of this story.

What is Mark hiding from Chloe?
What does Aileen want to tell her?
And most importantly, who does the unknown number belong to?

If you like this story please vote, comment, add it to a reading list or share it with your friends. It would mean a lot to me ♥️