Chapter 11

Your smile is something I want to see everyday. Something I want to wake up to and go to sleep to. I like to see the way your eyes shine when you see me, it makes me feel special as if I have a chance to be with you in the way I wish to be.

"Master Aiko, it's time to leave for school,"

I shut my journal, placing it into my drawer and locking it. I left the room, going down to the limo.

"No breakfast today?" A passing maid questioned.

"No, I'm not hungry," I walked out of the building and stepping into my car.

The car ride was silent as always, I fell into the soothing noise of my ocean. It's been so calm lately.

I got out of the car and walked toward my tree, getting comfortable in the soft grass beneath the shade provided by the leaves.

"You're here earlier than usual,"

I looked at Haruhi, she stood in front of me, hugging her bookbag to her chest.

"I suppose so, there wasn't much traffic this morning," I Pat the spot next to me for her to sit.

She sat down. "What's with you and this tree, senpai?"

"It's a nice tree,"

"There's a bunch more just like it,"

"Is there?" I looked around to see that there are in fact more trees just like this one. "I don't know... this one just feels special,"

She leaned against the trunk and looked up at the branches. "Well, it is beautiful," she mumbled.

I turned my head to look at her. "What are you doing at school so early?"

"Oh I usually come early to study, but the library's are closed today so I decided come out here,"

"It's a peaceful place to study," I mumbled, looking back towards the leaves.

"It is,"

We fell into a comfortable silence, she began to study and I stared up at the sky through the branches.

"Aiko Toshigawa," Natalia approached, looking rather upset. "I want to marry you,"

How upfront.

"Natalia... you know I can't agree to that while in the Host Club,"

"Then leave the Host Club, and... and if you don't then that will only prove that... you're in love with Kyoya Otori!"

I placed a protective hand on Haruhi's knee as Natalia took a closer step toward us.

"Natalia, please think rationally,"

"I am and I'm not blind, you two are a whole lot closer than you should be. Imagine what those types of rumors would do to your company, Aiko! To his family as well! You're telling me to think rationally?? I think you're the one that needs to take his head out of the clouds!"

"Yes... I understand where you're getting at. And I know you've somehow accumulated feelings for me through hosting and I want to formally apologize for anything I did that led you on," I bowed my head. "When I told you I would think about our marriage, I was at a weak emotional state and figured our businesses would work well together," I looked up at her. "You are right on one assumption though, I am in love with Kyoya Ootori, and that is why I cannot accept your marriage offer,"

Her face fell and a broken hearted looked showed through her eyes. "You... you... jerk!" Tears fell from her eyes as she ran off.

"Jerk? I thought I was letting her down easy," I muttered to myself, leaning back against the tree trunk. "Oh, I'm sorry you had to see all that Haruhi," I turned to her.

She was staring at me with wide eyes. "Kyoya?" She whispered, as if it were the craziest thing she's ever heard. "You like Kyoya-senpai?"

I nodded. "I figured it was obvious,"

She shook her head vigorously. "I thought it was all an act!"

"Well it's not on my part, I don't know much about him,"

"Wow," She said in awe. "It's actually... kinda cute,"

I tilted my head. "Cute?"

She laughed and nodded. "It's a couple you don't expect to work, but it works,"

"I'll have to take that as a compliment,"

She smiled.

"Aiko, Haruhi," Kyoya greeted as he approached us.

"Kyoya," I greeted.

"K—Kyoya-senpai..." Haruhi awkwardly glanced between the two of us. "I was just leaving..." she stood, collecting her stuff.

"It was nice talking with you," I called as she hurried away.

She nodded and waved a quick goodbye. I turned my attention to Kyoya who stayed standing.

"Care to sit?" I pat the spot Haruhi was in before.

"I'd rather stand,"

I tilted my head. "Do you have something to say?"

"Your results came in,"

I sat up slightly straighter. "They found out what's wrong?"

"No, there's nothing wrong. They found no abnormalities and suggest you speak with a therapist,"

My ocean flooded my ears, dulling his voice until I couldn't hear him speak anymore.

"We need to take it again," my voice was muffled. "They must have missed something,"

His mouth was moving but no noise came out.

"No, no," I stood, swaying. "I'm not crazy, there's something physically wrong, I must've bumped my head a while back,"

He grabbed my face in his hands gently, making me looked at him.

"Aiko," his voice began to register in my mind. "We'll retest if you want, but there's nothing wrong with going to a therapist. It doesn't mean your crazy, just that you have something pent up that you need to get out,"

I nodded slowly. "Will you go with me?"

"I probably won't be allowed inside, but I will wait for you outside," he gently ran the pads of his thumbs over the apples of my cheeks.

My heart ached with more emotion than I could express or even comprehend.

"Thank you," I whispered. "For helping,"

"I'd do anything for you, Aiko," he said softly.

The bell rang and he removed his hands, I immediately missed the warmth. We began to  walk to class. I hesitated at first, but reached for his hand, grabbing onto it lightly. He glanced at me and his signature amused smirk rose to his lips as he intertwined his fingers with mine.  I could feel the warmth rise to my cheeks as I forced myself to look away from his captivating yet taunting eyes.

I know that I'm 100% in love with this boy.

Once in a blue moon I don't have homework. That was today.

I hope you liked the chapter, tell me what you think.

Sorry for typos! Ciao!