Chapter 28

Lilies. White Lilies. I don't know what about them draws me in so much. Maybe because they're mothers favorite flower. Maybe there's a deeper meaning than that... I looked into what they signify. They're associated with funerals, they symbolize that the souls of the departed has received restored innocence after death.

...that doesn't relate to me at all. I'm not dead.

"Aiko, the oven beeped," Haruhi stood next to me.

I shut my journal and stood. "I hope I didn't mess it up,"

She shrugged. "We did everything the instructions said,"

We walked over to the oven and I was about to pull out the pan of cookies.

"Wait! You need gloves first, senpai, it's hot," Haruhi smacked my hands away and then grabbed an oven mitt and pulled the pan out herself.

They look good.

"Yeah, worth missing last period to help," she nodded.

"Thank you, again, Haruhi. I would have definitely burned down the host club room without your help,"

She smiled. "It's no problem. Now c'mon let's hurry and chill them so we can decorate before hosting starts,"

I nodded and we carried the pan to the blast freezer and waited for a little bit before taking them out and starting to smear colored icing on the top.

(Picture From Pinterest)

"They look great, senpai! You're pretty good at this," Haruhi smiled.

"Ah, thanks," I smiled softly with a sheepish blush.

"Let's get them plated, Tamaki-senpai should be here soon," just as she said that the bell rang.

We started putting the cookies on a plate and then set them on my table. I put my arm around her shoulder and pulled her into a side hug.

"Thanks, Haruhi,"

She smiled up at me. "No problem, senpai. It's sweet how you want to make something for them,"

"I can only hope that they like it,"

"I'm sure they will,"

Tamaki walked in and then froze. "Is Aiko... making a move on my daughter...?" He mumbled to himself. "What are you two doing alone together!" He shouted.

Haruhi rolled her eyes and I moved my arm off her.

"I was helping Aiko bake some cookies for his guests, senpai, calm down,"

"If that's all... then fine," he pouted.

Me and Haruhi shared a look before we both walked off in separate directions, leaving Tamaki alone. He managed to gather himself and chase after Haruhi.