Chapter 14

I confessed my love with a kiss. And you responded with a smile. A smile that told me you loved me too.

The kiss... was not planned. It was spontaneous and done in haste. But usually the unexpected is the most favored.

I can only hope you feel the same.

"Master Aiko, Mister Ootori is waiting for you in the lobby,"

"Hm?" I checked the time. "It's so early, what's he doing here?" I stood.

My butler bowed. "He wishes to eat breakfast with you,"

"Oh..." I thought for a moment. "Uh, very well, please request the cook to make something quick,"

He straightened from his bow. "Right away sir," he walked off and I made my way to the lobby where Kyoya stood, admiring a painting of  lilies that hung from the wall.

I stood next to him, looking at the painting. "Mother won it at an auction several years ago, I had the workers put it up while they were gone," I looked at him. "A surprise for when they return,"

He looked at me, pain flashed in his eyes before he quickly masked it. "They'll love it,"

My eyes crinkled fondly. "You know, you should have called,"

"I thought I'd might surprise you," his hands reached for my waist, pulling me to him.

"Surprises are nice," I looked up, into his eyes that held just about every unknown emotion I felt in my heart at that moment.

I reach up and pulled his glasses off carefully. "Can you see without these?" I questioned.

"Well," he pulled me closer, our noses inches apart. "Only If you're here,"

I leaned closer. "What about here?"

"Even better," his mouth pulled into a smirk.

My eyes crinkled in amusement as he tried to lean closer. I dodged, swiftly placing his glasses on my own face.

"Everything looks weird," I mumbled and looked at him.

He smiled, pushing the glasses further up my nose. "Well, you look cute,"

I felt warmth rise to my cheeks and was quick to take off the glasses, shoving them back on his face, though they came out crooked. I completely missed the left ear, making it hang at an angle.

He laughed, releasing my waist to fix his glasses.

"Ehem,"

I looked toward my butler who stood nervously. "Breakfast is served," he spoke quietly.

"Thank you," I nodded my head to him and he walked off.

I grabbed Kyoya's hand gently. "This way," I led him to the dinning room where two places had been set just like last time we had dinner together.

There was the smokey smell of bacon and the sweet smell of pancakes in the air, it felt comforting in a sense. It reminded me of Sunday morning, when mother and father would both take the day off and we'd spend time together. I'm excited for our Sunday's together once they return, I never noticed before their vacation, but I really do miss the little things.

Especially the scent of mothers perfume, it still lingers around the house, the beautiful scent of lilies.

We sat at our spots and began to eat. I ate part of my serving while Kyoya was able to finish all of his.

"Kyoya..."

"Yes?"

"Our catalog of our photos come out today, don't they?"