Chapter 18

Secrets. I knew you had many secrets. But I never thought that you and uncle would share a secret from me.

I'm not going to let this secret affect me.

I'm going to pretend it's all okay.

Until I find out what it is you're hiding. And when I find out... why did you hide it in the first place?

"Master Aiko, Mister Ootori is here,"

I stood, adjusting my blazer. "Why?"

"He... didn't say,"

I placed my journal in the locked drawer. "He must want to eat breakfast again, please notify the cook," I walked past him toward the sitting area where my guests usually wait at.

"Yes sir,"

I walked into the room, seeing Kyoya scanning the books in the bookshelf. "Kyoya,"

He turned toward me and granted me a soft smile. I love his smiles, they make me feel special. I walked toward him, till I was besides him.

"Sorry for dropping by without calling,"

"It's fine," I let my fingers gently brush against his hand before grabbing it in a light hold.

"I just felt..." he furrowed his eyebrows. "I'm sorry about yesterday,"

I faltered slightly, I had almost forgotten. As soon as I saw him smile I had forgotten what had happened yesterday night.

From Uncles lover to the will to the gallery. To the secrets. I looked away for a second.

"Forgive and forget," I mumbled, looking back at him.

He let go of my hand, both his hands gently grabbed my face.

"Don't forget," he said seriously. "Okay? No more forgetting,"

I stared back at him, confused. "No more... forgetting," I agreed.

Did I forget something important?

"Master Aiko, Breakfast is... Uhm ready..." a maid spoke from the doorway, fidgeting nervously.

Kyoya hesitated before releasing my face. I grabbed hold of one of his hands, a silent notion to tell him that I forgive him. For anything he might have done. Anything he's hiding. Anything that will happen.

"Thank you," I spoke to the maid, allowing her to run off.

I didn't move, staying with my hand in Kyoya's,  my body turned to him but not looking at him. He took the chance to pull me to his chest. I hugged him tightly, not realizing it, but I definitely need this hug.

I don't know how long we stayed in each other's arms but the butler came to tell us that we're going to be late for school.

I was first to let go, straightening out my blazer and avoiding the eyes of both men in the room, I quickly made my way out. I heard Kyoya's brisk steps follow behind me. He didn't speak, just held onto my hand, and I was glad. I didn't want to speak. I felt weak, and I don't really know why.

It must be the sudden loss of a family member. Maybe... I'm sad? I pulled Kyoya to my limo, not wanting to drive separately this time. He didn't question me, though I did glimpse a small smile splay on his lips.

For the drive to school, I held onto Kyoya, hiding my face in the crook of his neck. He wrapped his arms around me, his hand held mine his thumb rubbing soothing circles on the back of my hand.

"Kyoya..." I mumbled quietly.

"Hm?"

"Thank you..."