Chapter 27

Class 2-D. It's full of delinquents who don't know the difference between there, their, and they're. Class 2-D. My new class. I went from the class of highest intelligence to the lowest intelligence because of one failed exam. I really don't like this class. Kyoya isn't here. Tamaki isn't here. And this teacher keeps using me as an example of what to act like in class.

I'm going to drop out of high school if this continues.

"Hey, Aiko," My table partner, her name is Susie, grabbed my attention.

"Hm?" I glanced at her.

"You're in the Host Club, aren't you?"

"I am," I leaned back in my seat to look at her.

She blushed lightly. "W— well I was thinking of going... d— does Mori-senpai... take costumers..?"

"Hm.." i thought for a moment. "Of course, yes. But his costumers and Honey-senpai's costumers are usually mixed. You don't have a problem with that, do you?"

"No! No problem.." she fidgeted shyly.

I offered a small smile. "I'll talk to Kyoya for you if you want,"

She nodded, her face turning a soft shade of pink.

"Mr. Toshigawa, Ms. Kirito. Is there something you'd like to share with the class?" The teacher paused his lesson.

We both shook our heads 'no'.

"Please pay attention," he said sternly.

To which we both quickly nodded out heads and started scribbling notes into our notebook. I should try to make friends, I guess.

When the lunch bell rang, I was quick to gather my stuff. I decided I did not want to have lunch with the Host Club. I'm not one to feel embarrassed easily but I am definitely embarrassed about being moved from class 2-A to 2-D. So I'm going to spend my lunch at my tree.

It was lightly drizzling outside, so no one was out here. I couldn't sit down unless I wanted mud on my pants but I didn't mind standing. The tree shielded me from the light rain as I leaned against the the truck of my tree.

"You're going to get sick out here in the rain,"

I looked toward the source of the words spoken. "Natalia,"

She stood proudly, holing her umbrella over her head and something else clutched in her hand. He held it out to me.

"Here, you'll catch a cold,"

I grabbed the piece of cloth from her hands.

"It's a scarf.." I mumbled, wrapping it around my neck. "Thank you,"

"Well, you need to take better care of yourself," she muttered.

I smiled softly. "Natalia.."

She looked at me with hopeful eyes. "Yes?"

"I'm sorry for everything that happened,"

She bit her lip, looking down again. "I know you are,"

We were silent for a moment.

"U— uhm you're smiling more.. that's great,"

"Yes, I don't think I would have gotten this far without Kyoya,"

She tightened her grip on her umbrella. "I could have done it, if you just gave me the chance,"

"I know, without a doubt," he looked up at the leaves and branches. "Maybe in our next life... you can have a better chance," I looked back at her.

Her eyes showed determination. "In our next life, I won't lose to Kyoya Ootori,"

I smiled softly. "That sounds like a plan,"

She smiled back. "So then, you promise?"

"Promise?"

"To marry me in our next life,"

I let out a soft chuckle. "You're persistent,"

"I work for what I want," she smiled.

"Well, I can't say what I'll do in my next life... I'm not there yet, it's up to how determined you are,"

"Very determined,"

The faint sound of the bell ringing sounded.

"I'll walk you to class," I pushed off the trunk.

"I'd like that," she held her umbrella higher to shield me fr the rain as well.

The rain was light, just a bit heavier than a mist, but she insisted on being under the umbrella. We reached her class of 2-B. The dripping umbrella now closed and dangling from her wrist.

"Maybe in this life we can be good friends," I offered.

She nodded. "Great friends. Uhm, here, give me your phone,"

I handed my phone to her and she typed something in.

"Now you have my number, feel free to use it when ever,"

I smiled softly, slipping my phone back in my pocket. "I hope to see you after school,"

"Well I mean, if you're actually planning on showing up today, then of course,"

I looked down sheepishly. "Yes, I actually have a surprise for everyone since I was gone so long,"

"That's why you're my favorite host," she leaned up and pecked my cheek. "You should get to class,"

I touched my cheek lightly and smiled. "Yes of course.. I'll.. see you later,"

She smiled softly and nodded. "Bye, Aiko-kun ,"

I walked off toward my classroom. I was afraid she'd hate me... but I think there's more to this that I see. What Nekozawa said about love... is it that maybe she loves me enough to give up her fantasies in order to see me happy? I do hope she find the person in this life who makes her truly happy. Because she deserves it, just as much as I do, just as much as anyone else in this world does.

I'm sure some people might see her as a bad person, obsessed and crazy... but she's just mad with love.

Love. One word. Four letters. One syllable.

It really is a lot more complicated than I originally thought. It's more than just one syllable. More than just four letters. And much more than just one word.

It's the emotion in which every emotion derives from. Without love there is no happiness, no anger, no surprise, no shame, no excitement, no sadness, no confusion, no curiosity. If you don't love, you're just a shell, a bitter empty shell.

And when you hold that shell to your ear, all you hear is the ocean.

Guyyssss this book is not over. I kinda felt like I was writing a last chapter so I wanna clarify that it's actually kinda far from over. Maybe like ten chapters more.. I think. Definitely going to be longer than my Silent Host story, but not too long, don't worry.

Sorry for typos! Ciao!