Chapter 20

You're making me feel happier than I thought I would ever feel again. But there's this itching in the back of my head... a reminder that you're hiding something from me. And I want to be happy with you. I am happy with you.

But how can I fully trust you if you won't fully trust me with whatever you're hiding?

"Master Aiko, Suoh-San is in the lobby,"

"Tamaki? Whats he doing here?"

"He said Ootori-San is sick and sent him instead,"

My eyes widened slightly. "Kyoya is ill?" I swiftly stood, hastily shoving my journal into the drawer and locking it. "I won't be attending school today, and I'll be home rather late," I spoke as we walked down to the lobby.

Tamaki stood in the middle, admiring an assortment of lilies I had set up on a table in the center of the lobby.

"Tamaki,"

He looked up at me and smiled, his violet eyes sparkled. "Aiko!" He said happily, then tilted his head, confused. "Why aren't you wearing your uniform?"

I was wearing more of it, just not the blazer. I had the pants, the shoes and the button up shirt but if I wasn't going to attend school, then k saw no point in wearing that constricting article of clothing.

"I'm not going to school. If Kyoya is ill, then I'm going with him,"

"Oh, but... you'll miss class..." he began to look disappointed.

"It's nothing new,"

"I was looking forward... to a day with you,"

I rose my eyebrows. "A day with me?"

"You're always with Kyoya now, you don't talk to the rest of us,"

"It's not like I talked to you guys before," I crossed my arms over my chest.

"You talked to us a little before but now, you don't talk to us at all... and then... you were willing to abandon our family... to be with Kyoya..."

"I love him, what do you expect? For me to let you criticize our relationship?"

"I'm sorry..." his eyes glistened with tears. "Don't leave our family,"

"I've never been a part of that family in the first place Tamaki, you know that,"

"Yes you—"

"There's a mother and father with twin sons and a daughter and two cousins. Where do I fall in that?"

He began sputtering out words, not knowing what to say.

"Exactly what I meant, Tamaki, I'm not a part of your little family... what's the issue if I left?"

"If you left," he said meekly. "Our family would be incomplete, because you play a special role in all of our hearts,"

"And What is that?"

"A role so important, we can't just give you one title. You're a friend to some, a brother to others, a lover to one... you leaving would hurt everyone in a different way. So please, stay with us,"

His words rolled around in my head and I realized that I liked how he said that.

"I.. like how well said that was, I'm keeping it. And i guess I'll stay in the Host Club, as long as my relationship with Kyoya isn't seen as a bother anymore,"

"Not at all," he shook his head quickly.

"Great. But I'm still not going to school, I'll keep you updated on Kyoya's health,"