Chapter 21

The hugs worked! You're all better now and you're going to school today. You still have a slight cough but you said a little cough syrup will fix that right up. You also told me about our field trip today with the Host Club.

I hope it'll be fun... I'm not a huge fan of water resorts though. They seem childish.

"Master Aiko, Ootori-San is here,"

I stood, uncomfortable in the swimming shorts and t-shirt that Kyoya told me to wear. I much rather leave the house in a button up and pants. I walked down to the lobby to see Kyoya in a similar outfit as me, though he looked completely fine in it. I on the other hand, felt out of place.

He graced me with one of his rare smiles and I couldn't help but want to try to return it, offering a ghost of a smile as the corner of my lips turned up only slightly. His eyes brightened up considerably as he grabbed my hand in his, leading me out. The limo was already full with the rest of the Host Club, leaving barely any room for me.

"There's no space," I mumbled.

"Sure there is," Kyoya said simply, getting in the car and pulling me onto his lap.

The door was closed before I had the chance to get out. Heat rushed to my face and I was quick to avoid Kyoya's gaze.

"Ai-chan! Are you excited for the waterpark??" Honey asked excitedly.

"Waterpark?" Haruhi muttered, she looked like she wanted to be anywhere but here.

"I don't really like waterparks..." I mumbled, leaning my head on Kyoya's shoulder.

"Why not?"

Kyoya tensed slightly.

"I don't... really know...." just a feeling.

"Then will you go swimming with me?" He tilted his head cutely.

"I... don't see why not... I was in varsity swim in middle school... so that shouldn't be a problem," but yet... something feels off.

"I really think you shouldn't," Kyoya spoke.

"Why not?" Does he know why?

He stayed quiet.

"I think it'll be fun, Kyo-chan!" Honey said excitedly. "And he said he can swim, so it'll be safe!"

I looked at Kyoya curiously. Why wouldn't he want me to swim?

He gave one of his usual fake smiles. "Of course,"

The rest of the ride was... well I don't know. I accidentally fell asleep. I was just really comfortable, I couldn't help it.

I felt a hand run through my hair carefully. "Aiko..."

"Hm..?" I snuggled my nose farther into Kyoya's neck.

"We're here,"

"Okay..." I mumbled.

He chuckled lightly causing the familiar warmth of happiness to fill my heart as I forced my eyes open and sat up. I noticed we were the only ones in the limo, the others waiting outside, staring at the resort in awe.

He smiled slightly. "Your hair's a mess," he mumbled, running his fingers through my hair, trying to tame it.

"I'm just gonna go into the water, it'll get messed up again,"

"Hm, you're right," it still seemed like he didn't want me swimming but I don't really know why he wouldn't.

I got out of the car before he could voice his opinion. Honey was the first to see me, he grinned.