PART 15 - One Last Chance...

They completed their dinner and laksh was about to leave from balcony.

Ragini - You look tired so don't waste your energy by jumping from here just use the door....

Laksh - (avoiding eye contact) no!  Main aate waqt balcony se aaya tha and moreover its pretty late toh they won't like seeing me coming from your room

Ragini was about to say something but was interuppted by laksh

Laksh - i know woh kuch bolte nhi hai but that does not mean ke they will like it. As they are trying to change with time for us toh i think humme bhi unke baare mein sochna chahiye. They belong to a different generation after all and these things aren't so common and casual for them.

He once again avoided eye contact and started leaving from the balcony silently which was very unusual. Ragini noticed it and it did affect her. She was feeling bad seeing him hurt. Since the time she had returned he was always chirpy, happy and gave her full attention but this laksh was different or rather the same laksh who he had become from the time she left but she was not there to see him. She knew he would be hurt when she came to know about the truth but the intensity was something she was not aware of..... And he was slipping in that same zone once again slowly but he was, the darkness this time was more as earlier he had a hope ke once she knows the truth she will be angry but she might come back for their love but her words

'Ragini - i don't know'

Hurted him and somewhere the hope was dying. She had a doubt on her own feelings....  He knew that she would hate him, hesitate to trust his love but here she was hesitating to trust her own love. 

Not only him but someone else was also hurt by the fact that he did not try any trick to stay a little bit longer with her, talk to her, make her beleive in his love, show her that he did regret breaking them and want THEM to be together but he did not do anything today but just left.

Sometime later

Both in their night suits were lying on the bed (laksh wears only night shorts or track pants to bed. He does not wear t shirt) and thinking how their lives had turned around.

It was damn tiring day so soon both drifted to sleep.

A month had been passed. Jaanki was discharged yesterday and was doing pretty well, she just needed a little care thats it otherwise she was fine as her surgery was successful. It was last day of navratri today so they thought to celebrate as jaanki was also back from the hospital after such a long and critical treatment.

Well this one month was not at all easy though laksh cared for ragini but didn't show much, he started distancing himself from her as first point was his work as the case was really important, second after work whatever time he got he used to spend with his jaanki mom and third he wanted to make ragini realize her feelings first which cannot happen when he is around. Once she is clear with her own feelings then he would definitely not leave her alone for a second. He would clear all her insecurities, fear and trust issues but only if he is sure that she loves him.

' dont you feel strange? 2 people who knew each other in and out, they understood each other's feelings better then their own were fighting with themselves to figure out what Ragini actually wanted. Laksh knew that she still loves him but he also knew ke she needed time to understand it clearly as for a fact he cannot deny they lived without each other for years together. First of all she had lost faith in love the time she thought he betrayed her and getting back that faith was difficult.