"You said you wouldn't and you fucking did!"

"Half pint!" Marshall startles me out of my day dream, I'm in my own head too much today.
I watch amused as he pulls a thick blanket out of the car and lays it on the ground

"Baby you remember the day I asked you to be my girlfriend?" he asks as he carries on setting up whatever it is he's doing,

I feel a blush creep up my chest and neck as I remember him stumbling over his words and then swearing and cursing because he couldn't say it the way he wanted
"Yes Marsh, of course I remember" he carries on getting more blankets out.

"Marshall it's the day before Christmas eve isn't it a bit cold for a picnic" I giggle and he frowns at me "Nah babe it's perfect"

We're in the middle of Bald Mountain recreation park, parked way off the beaten track and he's walked us through the woods a tiny way so it's completely private, he throws one of his hoodies at me and I put it on gratefully.

"Here" he holds out his hands with my gloves and hat and I put them on and park myself on the thick warm blanket, he sits down next to me rummaging through the bag from the bakery, I'm passed a hot chocolate drink and he splits the bags with the p...

"Here" he holds out his hands with my gloves and hat and I put them on and park myself on the thick warm blanket, he sits down next to me rummaging through the bag from the bakery, I'm passed a hot chocolate drink and he splits the bags with the pastries in out in front of us, I'm starving so I tuck in, we're both silent for awhile

"The day I asked you to be my girl, I'd known for weeks before that day that you'd be the only girl for me for the rest of my days, but I was scared to ask you, so I put it off and then that day in your office happened when we fucked for the first time!"

He stops speaking and gathers his thoughts "I fucked you that day out of desperation, I was desperate for you, I wanted it to be special and I blew it! I knew you weren't that kind of girl when I met you but because I couldn't ask you, I thought you'd reject me and I thought I'd lose you eventually to a better man anyway, I fucked you and I knew you wouldn't stop me" he looks like he feels bad about it but he shouldn't be

"How do you know I wasn't just as desperate for you, maybe I was just better at controlling it!" I laugh hoping he'll follow suit and he does "Is that why you asked me to be your girl, because you felt bad about the first time we had sex?" I take a mouthful of my drink and wait patiently for him to answer.

He looks over at me grinning "Nope I just thought after being inside you that no other fucker was going to get that chance again, I just wish I'd made love to you that first time Annie, made it special ya know!" I reach over and stroke his cheek as best I can in my gloves

"Marshall, every time we've ever had sex, it's always felt special and it doesn't matter if we're angry or we fuck hard or fast or slow and soft, it's making love every single time for me because I love you" and I mean every word I say to him.

He picks at his food absentmindedly and I take the chance to say something that's been on my mind since I discovered his infidelity "Hannah is so beautiful, she has those great, long legs. She's all woman, I can see why you fell for her!" I do feel intimidated by Hannah's beauty, always have done and I wanted to be careful not let my low self esteem take me over completely, Marshall laughs ironically beside me "Annie you're the most beautiful woman I've ever met no one comes close!" he states firmly.