It's all fun and games til Santa checks the naughty list!!

Waking up I stretch out my limbs and yawn, looking over I notice Annie's head isn't on the pillow beside me but as I go to move I feel a weight settled on my stomach pinning me down I suddenly notice where she's got to, she's curled up in a little ball under the covers down by my hips her head on my stomach.
I don't know how the fuck she's managed it but I just lay and watch her sleeping peacefully for what seems like hours.
My morning stare is interrupted by the sound of hushed voices and giggling outside the bedroom door, I lay back and pretend to sleep trying to hide a grin, it's Christmas eve my babies are going to surprise us like they do every year and suddenly the door bursts open and in come a mad rush of girls and dogs, they jump up on the bed and I hear Annie mumbling as the dogs start barking, it's a fucking madhouse already

“I'm up, I'm up!”

I hold my hands up in defeat as the girls each plant kisses on Annie and I and then leave us

“Aren't they getting a bit old for that”

Annie grumbles from under the duvet she's covered her head with

“Apparently not baby"

I get up and drag the duvet off her, leaning over I slap her ass

“Up before they tear the fucking house apart"

she glares at me and sticks both middle fingers up

“Go fuck yourself Mathers"

I laugh at her, she ain't never been a morning person though but every day she sounds more and more like herself and I'm determined to get there too.

“I gotta make a call babe, figured I'd get the ball rolling and call my sponsor"

I should have called him when I was first tempted to take the Vicodin, I need some help with that I think. Annie kisses the top of my head as she finally gets up, I make my call and head down to join my babies.
I'm right my kitchen looks like a bombs hit it! there's dog bowls scattered all around it and I swear loudly as I step in a bowl of cold water and it splashes up my legs, Annie arrives and stands with her hands on her hips at the doorway surveying the disaster zone that was our kitchen whistling through her teeth at the mess

“they've been here thirty minutes, this is a new record” she says laughing, “Still" she leans over passing me a mop

“No time like the present to start cleaning up!” she runs away, laughing, leaving me dumbfounded, I ain't no domesticated bitch and throw the mop on the floor.

Christmas eve as always is a day of watching shitty chick flicks, drinking and eating.
Annie has her head in my lap as we are all watching How to be single, I actually like this film so far but I'm not going to tell them that although I nearly give the game away by laughing at 'sausage wallet' and then I feel my body tense as the girl tells her boyfriend she's going to New York without him and they’re taking a break so she can see if she can function being single, I wonder silently if Annie being away from me will make her realise she doesn't need me in her life, I already know she can function without me, I just don't want her too.
What if she meets someone else on her adventures, I shift about awkwardly on the couch suddenly feeling panic about the whole situation.
I stand to lose so much but maybe I should try and have a little faith she said she's coming back for me and I should trust her, she's never lied to me.
My phone buzzes beside me its a message notification from Annie and I open it cautiously

“It's not like the film, it's not a break and I'm coming home, please relax. Ps your knees are extra knobbly when your body tenses up xxx”

she always knows how to fix me, there’s another message from her