Chapter 9

Ralvania downed her witches" brew and poured another; slowly reading over the message.  Shaking  her head; there wasn't much detail of what was wrong, but it sounded like a quest. She wasn't unwilling to help, but also wanted to get her apprentice a little further trained before having another life-threatening journey in her immediate future. 

Things don't always go as we wished, she thought, pouring another cup and meditating for a moment. She would go; of course. Studying  the message signed by Salem and Pandora. Knowing if it were not important; neither of them would be asking her. 

She gulped at the warm drink, while pacing the library packing a bag of magical needs, again. She wondered what would happen to everyone if she did dissapear for three days; go hiking through the mountain trails of Gargoyle's Isle or somewhere further out? She laughed at the thought as she packed a bag and rang for her apprentice. 

     Seven minutes later the all well known tap -tap tap came across her door. 

"Enter please." She answered the knock.

Amberosia popped her head in, quickly.

"Yes miss?" 

"Good girl, can you fetch my dragon, I have to go somewhere. I may be gone a long while; but i want you to watch over the castle, keep working on your magic and you may  use this library." Ralvania spat the words out.

Amberosia nodded, doing as she was told.

               Twenty minutes later the servant girl returned to the empress, knocking quickly on the door.

"Come on in." 

"Miss I have the dragon ready to go; here I also made something for you and Soranto." She replied holding out a basket full of cookies, cakes, muffins and a huge travel jug of witches brew.

"What a sweet one you are; thank you so much. Keep studying while I'm gone, we'll work on more advanced magic as soon as I return<" Ralvania explained to the girl.

"Yes miss," She responded before getting out of the library and back to work.

Ralvania finished packing quickly and took her cup with her as she left her beloved castle to meet up with the dragon once again.

    When she saw him, the dragon sat there rolling his eyes at her.

"Where are you dragging me this time?" He asked with more than a little sarcasm.

"Your girlfriend's castle," She shot back at him.