Chapter 1

Three days after taking out the silver mushroom, The empress and her dragon were sitting behind the castle, on a warm sun-kissed afternoon. Soranto looked at her for a long moment, staring.

"What is it?" She asked a little annoyed by his glaring.

"Have you thought about what we discussed the other day?" He asked in a gruff voice.

"What did we talk about?" 

The dragon shook his head in disgust and took a deep breath.

"An apprentice for you." He quickly reminded her.

"Oh, that conversation. Why does it worry you?" Ralvania asked him.

"It is only to help you. Wouldn't it be nice if you didn't have a swamp-load of things to do after a long journey? Not everything but to have your work-load lightened to where you may actually get to go out and visit friends or take a weekend off?" He rambled the words out of his mouth and took a huge breath of air.

"I see your point, but I still don't know." 

"You need a break once in a while, we all do." He encouraged her.

"Yes, I know but who would I get?" She asked.

"Who do you trust with the care of your castle now?" He asked.

Her eyes lit up as the figurative light bulb went off in her brain."Amberosia." She whispered.

"I like that one." Soranto admitted to her.

"You like all the servants." She corrected him.

"Not all of them, but I like Amberosia. She's extra nice to me for no reason. There's something about that one." He told her. 

'what if she says no thank you?" 

"You won't know until you ask her now will you?" The dragon pointed out.

            The empress rolled her eyes, then stood up and looked at him.

"I'll ask her soon enough; for now I must get back to my spell-books and potions."

The dragon gave her a slow simple nod of respect.

"Goodbye, empress.'  He told her as he turned slowly and walked back to his cave: a few feet away.