Chapter 51

Once she'd finished writing out the entry with the raven feather pen, a familiar knock had come across the office door. 

"Come in." She called out.

The door swung open and Amberosia entered the room carrying the silver tray.

"So very glad your back miss." She greeted the sorceress of the house.

"Oh it's good to be back." She paused, looking at her servant girl. 

"Sit and have a cup with me."  

"Oh yes, I'd love to. " Amberosia replied.

"So did anything happen while I was away?" She asked pouring a cup for each of them. 

Amberosia took a long gulp of the steaming liquid, before admitting it to the boss.

"Yes something did and I hope that you'll not be too upset." The girl started.

"What happpened?" Ralvania asked narrowing her scornful look straight into the girl's soul. 

"I used my best judgement." -

"Spill it girl, what went on?" Ralvania asked trying not to over react. 

"Do you remember the gargoyle, Ludwig?" Amberosia asked her.

"Yes, why?" giving a puzzled look, taking down near half a cup of the magical brew.

"His punishment is over in the other realm, but he's been exiled from Galderia, his home by the guardian's council." She explained, pausing for about two minutes.

"I'm with you so far." She commented after pouring more coffee .

"I have sort of adopted him, Ludwig lives in one of the smaller caves, several from Soranto's." She spat the words out as if they were tainted with voodoo. 

After a long silence, the empress looked at her then laughed. 

"It's fine." 

"You mean it? I can let him stay here?" She squealed like a child getting their first pet. 

"Yes, he's your familar, you are responsible for him." 

"Yes miss of course." The girl replied drinking down some of the coffee.

"He's welcome here." 

"Thank you miss." She gushed, happy that all had worked out.

"Always. young one. I'm proud of you." 

"Why?" She raised an eyebrow.

"Three months ago you wouldn't have done so without permission. You're growing on me, kid." She told the girl. 

"Is that a good thing?" Amberosia asked.

"Yes, yes it is."