EPILOGUE

It has been seven years since I left LA for Boston and boy were they eventful.  Oh, don't get me wrong nothing came between Shelly and me.  Two years after she graduated we got married and moved in together here in Boston.  She did get into Harvard like I thought and just finished up her Law Degree.  We have just finished moving back to LA and into our new home.  I had been working for a large Technology company in Boston once I graduated, and we had saved up enough money to buy a house.  I am sitting here waiting for my girl to come down so we can go out to eat with our parents.  The biggest hitch these last seven years was when Max met this woman and they were about to get married, and Brad caught her throwing away all the pictures and videos of Mary.  When he confronted her, the woman looked at Brad "Don't you get it as soon as I marry your dad I don't want anything in this house that reminds me of your loser mother and that includes you and your sister after I say  I do you will never see my husband again.  Little did she know Max heard it all and called off the engagement threw her out.  Luckily though Max did finally meet a great woman, and they were married.  She talks to mom about Mary, and she encourages us all to talk about her so Brad could get to know her better.

I remember the day I was able to talk to Lucy, oh yeah that is Max's wife's name, and she asked me when I fell in love with Shelly.  I just smiled at her and said "I think I always was.  When I think back to our childhood, I remember always knowing where Shelly was even when she wasn't with Lee.  That even though a lot of the times I would defend Lee it was always because I was afraid Shelly would get hurt.  Take for instance the time that Tuppen smacked her butt at school and how I knew just by looking at her she didn't want our parents to know why I got into a fight that day and even though it would have cut short my punishment at home I kept it to myself."  She smiled at me "you must love her."  "I have like I said for as long as I can remember.  I tried not to love her.  I tried to forget her kissing any girl that was willing to kiss me without a commitment but nothing worked all that did was give me a reputation as a player and then that made me feel unworthy of Shelly."  "Why didn't you want to love her?"  "Lee, I thought he loved her and I would never do that to my little brother."  "Well, I guess it all worked out in the end."  "Yes, it did since high school I have apologized to all the girls I used to try to get over Shelly and thankfully they accepted, but if I could go back in time, I think I would do things differently."

Just then Shelly came bouncing down the stairs "hey babe what were you thinking about."  "Just remembering the conversation, I had with Lucy about you."  "Oh, yeah that well like I said then I will still say it now.  I think I have been in love with you for just as long.  I remember always knowing where you were growing up I wish I knew that the reason you were always around us was that you liked me too." "Same here baby same here."