Chapter 26

Arthit's POV

"Oye! Creepy old man, stop staring like that. You are scaring the rest of us normal humans."

I snapped out of my reverie and looked up at Preet who was standing over my table with her arms folded in front of her.

"Old? We are the same age. Literally. Down to the same month."

"Then why do you always look like a grumpy grandpa yelling at kids to get off his lawn. And why exactly are you boring your eyes into Kong again? Can you please leave the poor boy alone? I already lost over two weeks of my three months with him because of your stupid machine. I can't wait to finally get my hands on him now that his hand is better. I have so many things planned."

"How do you call him a poor boy one second and go right to fantasizing about him being at your beck and call."

"Not every day do I get eye candy like that to do all my bidding. Now why exactly are you staring holes into his head again. What exactly is going on between the two of you? You both are being weird."

"Me? No, no. What will be happening? Nothing. Nothing at all."

"Then why do you keep buzzing around his table pretending to be working while you are clearly trying to look over his shoulder."

"I so do not do that."

"Not even you believe that I am sure. Anyway I came to remind you that tomorrow you are driving me and May to work. Don't get too distracted by Kong and forget about us."

"Yeah, fine. And why would Kong distract me?"

"That is a question I am still trying to figure out."

After the annoying interruption had finally left I went right back to my previous activity which was trying to x-ray vision into his phone. Fairly unsuccessfully I might add. Precisely the reason why my grumpy grandpa persona has officially taken over my personality.

Do you have any idea how goddamn confusing the past few weeks have been for me? I went from despising him, to empathizing with him, to obsessing over him nearly all day every day, especially his very annoying relationship with Mike. Which eventually spilled over into me making a complete jackass of myself by getting drunk and groping me. My intoxicated brain had definitely arrived from some other planet cause making out with him had never, ever crossed my sober mind before. With the entire spectrum of emotions I have felt because of him, that was one thing that was safely out of my range. But yet that is exactly what I did. And if that wasn't enough to mess up all rational thoughts, he went ahead and told me he liked me.

That is earth shattering revelation people. I don't get confessed to. Ever. I may have had girls show interest in me now and then but I am particularly skilled at driving them away with my grouchy attitude, and some of them I could even have been interested in. So imagine my surprise that the one person I had made my life's mission to make his existence hell tells me he likes me. And I haven't begun addressing the gigantic problem of him being a guy. A guy!

So ofcourse I am going to think. And think. And think some more. And not reach any conclusion at all. Cause let's be honest there was no conclusion to reach. It's not like we could be more than work colleagues in the practical world, right. Right?

But when he simply accepted my decision that it was a bad idea it honestly threw me off a little. A lot actually. I had just assumed I would need to fight him a lot more to make him see sense. Apparently that was not the case. One second he is all vehemently arguing for us to give it a shot and then next he is kicking me out of the apartment cause he is sleepy. I should be glad I won the battle between us, but the victory wasn't feeling as sweet as I thought. I was still very much obsessing over him and he seemed more than ready to ignore me.