Chapter 19

Kong's POV

Weirdest. Week. Ever.

You know the feeling when your world has suddenly turned completely on its head. That is what I was going through this past week. One of my closest seniors and confidants has turned to an evil psychopath, who has managed to come up with some fairly innovated ways to torture me. I would happily be ironing socks all night instead of accompanying her to get her nails done. Which wouldn't have been so bad except she insisted I had to get mine done too. I can unequivocally confirm that I despise bedazzled fingertips. I should have really put down some ground rules before I went ahead and blabbered I would do anything for the next three months.

And if P'Preet was the only thorn in my side I wouldn't need to be in a continued state of intoxication to survive. Problem number two presented itself in the form of my best friend morphing into a middle aged, attention starved housewife. May tells me Mike nearly went through a low key melt down when P'Arthit grabbed my wrist last weekend and dragged me away from the shopping bonanza I was drowning in. Although, I was sort of shocked myself at P'Arthit's sudden outburst, he claimed he was getting irritated with all the clothes and shoes talks and wanted to go get something to eat. And since he didn't want to sit alone, he demanded I go with him.

Mike on the other hand straight up assumed I was about to be poisoned or something. In fact if you go by the sheer number of phone calls I got from him while I was stuffing some fantastic fish in my mouth, he was probably under the impression P'Arthit was instead stuffing my body in the trunk of some car. And that crazy thought has blown into all out paranoia, where I got dozens of calls and messages from Mike everytime he didn't have me right under his nose. He single handedly managed to suck out 50% of my phone charge every single day.

The cherry on top of my disaster week is that my sworn enemy has miraculously now become my only solace. To the point that I found myself hiding in his room more than once when I saw an evil glint in P'Preet's eyes or when Mike got overwhelmingly clingy. That's not to say he didn't flex his muscles too every once in a while. But between the three of them P'Arthit was my safest bet to maintain my sanity.

"If you are going to use my room as your sanctuary you better make yourself useful. Proof read my presentation and then start working on the numbers."

"C'mon P' your presentation is just fine. And I can get to the numbers once we get back tomorrow. It's our last night here. We should be trying to enjoy instead of indulging in your constant need to being a workaholic."

"Then why exactly is your ass stuck on my couch for over an hour while you could be out there 'enjoying'. I am sure your Mike would be over the moon to take you around the city."

"I am taking a.....a break of sorts."

"I must say you are one sucky friend. Your buddy comes all the way to Japan solely to hang out with you and you spend all your time running away from him."

"Not all my time. Just some of my time."

"Explain to me again why are you simply not telling him to buzz off? You are obviously not thrilled with him playing your mommy constantly."

"Cause he is my best friend. Atleast the sane version of Mike is. He is just figuring out how to get our relationship back to the way it used to be. What would make me a sucky friend would be to tell him to buzz off when he is seriously trying so hard to be acceptive."

"Are you sure that's his true motive?"

"What do you mean? What other motive could he have?"

"I don't know. I just think you might not know your best friend as well as you think you do."