15. | Find somebody

He should not be here, he already knows that. The unforgiving pain won't stop, it's not like he matters to anyone. The voices won't stop, maybe he is going insane? What he needs is someone to see his cries for help, but there is no one there. Why can't he just be happy like everybody else, why is his mind so weak and pathetic?

'You'll never be anything you waste of space'

'Just die already'

'You'll die one day anyway, why not do us all a favor and die now?'

'Worthless, you're never satisfied. There is nothing you can do'

These voices keep screaming at him, telling him not to eat when his body is clearly starving. Telling him to cut through his skin, that it makes everything better.

"Midoriya!' A voice makes him shriek on his chair, scraping it backward. Terrified hues snapping close as he makes sure to hold his wrists close. "Woah, I'm sorry for startling you" Y/n gestures in an apologizing manner with her hands. "Are you okay? you seem tense" She declares.

Izuku immediately snaps his gaze towards the girl, throwing out an awkward smile. "O-Oh yeah—I am totally fine. Just a bit tired since I got let out very early" Izuku manages to explain, hoping that Y/n buys his false story.

Isn't it funny...when you are dying for help, yet you do everything you can to push away those who can?

Her brow creases slightly, "Mhm, okay...let's get something to eat now" She smiles softly.

'Agh phew...at least she bought it...even though she seems suspicious, I can't tell her'

But then a chilling emotion sweeps through him. Food. No. Don't eat. He doesn't need to eat. Izuku's body is ready to throw up.

"Actually L/n...I am not so hungry, I can accompany you though" He grins awkwardly as he stands up from the chair. When he is about to start walking, Y/n grabs his arm, stopping him from moving any further. "Midoriya...you look a little pale, make sure to eat enough okay?" She says in a deep tone, making him panic, but hides it under his facade.

'Shit—my arm, she is close to my...wounds'

Memories from his sharp blades, he realizes that it's been a while. The urge is undeniable.

He swiftly jolts back, making sure to pull the sleeve of his uniform down. "Yeah, I will"

They walk towards the cafeteria, Izuku avoids all the stares and daggers he gets from the passing students. He feels so out of place.
They find an empty table and sit down. "Are you sure you don't want anything Midoriya? you need food especially after being hospitalized"

The boy gulps before answering her, "No, I'm good". He gazes down at his hands, they are shaking again. He wants to throw up, but having no food in his stomach isn't going to help that case.

"Fine" She grabs her money and leaves to stand in the queue. Izuku rests his chin on his palm, everything feels so numb at this point 'ah crap...I have to go home and get some stuff after school today, I really don't want to be there'
His fragile mind is filled up with so much exhaustion that even the simplest of things seem impossible to handle. Depression really takes a toll on the body.

A hand on his shoulder snaps him out of his thoughts, he reluctantly turns around to come face with a shock. "Well, well what do we have here?" Fuji and Baku's gang stand next to him with wicked grins. "Why were you in the hospital? did your suicide attempt fail?" She laughs like her words weren't cutting knives through his heart. The green haired boy flinches, his heart racing and eyes already getting teary.