Chapter 31

Previously on Toys:

"You're so sweet, my young and innocent, (Y/n)~" He said lightly as you smiled.

"Of course, you won't be for long~"

Enjoy the story~

"What is that supposed to mean?" You giggled but he just smirked contently to himself.

He didn't seem to press the issue as he glanced back at the screen.

"Why is this still on?" He asked, grabbing the remote and scanning through the channels.

You then noticed the time and sighed.

"It's almost time for dinner..." You mumbled to yourself.

You weren't really in the mood to attempt cooking, but Shiki looked back at you with a reassuring smile.

"I might be able to~"

"Wait, really!??" He's never stepped foot in the kitchen before, but you didn't see anything wrong with him trying.

Less work you had to do.

"You can stay here as I work my magic~" He called, getting up off the couch and heading towards the kitchen.

You watched from afar as he pulled out a pack of bacon from the fridge and plopped it on the table.

He stared at it for a minute before opening the cabinet for pans and washing his hands.

You assumed he had it under control as you scanned through the channels.

You put on another one of your childhood cartoons and watched it in content as you reminisced in old memories.

You and your guardian used to sit down and watch these silly shows together all the time growing up.

That reminded you...

You haven't spoken to your guardian in a long while...

"Shiki?" You called. "I'm gonna make a phone call." You said, walking out of the room with your cell phone.

You dialed their number and waited for it to ring.

They immediately answered.

"(Y/n)!! Is that you!??"

You nodded your head

"Yes, it's me!! How are you?" You asked happily.

"I'm doing alright, but what about you!?? You haven't contacted me in months!!" They exclaimed as you scratched your head.

"Uhm, well-"

"What kind of excuse are you going to give me today?" They chuckled.

You and your guardian were very understanding with each other, you always have been.

You felt terrible for not being honest, but you couldn't even begin to explain your situation.

'Oh yeah, you know, just being held captive in you own apartment by an abusive boyfriend, same old same old.'

There was no way in hell you could tell them that, let alone tell anyone the simplicity of your recent life.

"You don't need to tell me if you don't want to, you're (age) now and I should respect your privacy, right?"

You nodded your head with a smile.

"Thank you for being so understanding!!" You were extremely grateful and could smell bacon from afar.

You turned around and saw Shiki staring intently at the cooking bacon.

"So, have you met any boys yet~?" They cooed as you giggled.