Chapter 20 ~ Good old dad

~ Chapter 20 ~

I sighed as I turned around and faced Ted again. He was looking at the big picture in the hall. It was me, mom,Ted and Ryan.

Who is Ryan? I'll tell you who he is. That's my big brother. He moved out when he was about 20, I was only 13 back then.

Everything was actually normal at that time. No worries about my dad being drunk or my mom being found out about. Everything was just perfect.

He became a detective. He works in Florida now. We haven't heard from him. He said he would call when he got there. But he never did.

Anyway, Ted was looking at the big, framed picture in the hall. He had a little smile on his face.

"I remember that time. Do you?" His smile didn't drop when he turned his tired face towards me.

This is my old dad speaking. This isn't the drunk, abusing dad that I've known for 2 years now. That is my old dad. My good old dad.

I opened my mouth but nothing came out. I nodded instead.

I wasn't old in that picture. I was 7, Ryan was 14. God I miss him...

Ted turned his face towards the frame again.

"I miss them"

That sentence made me kind of happy, but also I felt disgusted.

HE was the one that KILLED my mom. HE was the one to CONVINCE Ryan to take the job. HE was the one that threatened me to keep shut about the shooting. HE was the one beating the shit out of me every day. And HE was the one that raped me.

But to know that he have feelings is good too... right?

"Yeah" was all I said.

"You know I never ment it" he said almost starting to cry. I could hear his voice crashing in with his sobs, it made my heart feel even worse.

"I was drunk. I never..." he ended dropping his knees to the floor, sobbing while looking down.

I swallowed my big plump. What is happening to him?

"It wasn't your fault" I said quietly. I lied. Of course it's his fault. I'm not stupid.

"What?" He said looking up at me with tears rolling down his cheeks.

The sight of him burnt itself into my mind and I couldn't look away. He was broken. I could see it.

"You pointed the gun at me, not at mom. She just protected me" I said.

I don't even know why I said that.

"Really?" He asked. His eyes suddenly became harsher.

He looked more angry than I've ever seen him before.

I nodded, not taking my eyes off of him.

"YOU BITCH! THIS IS JUST YOUR FAULT!"

He suddenly grabbed a winebottle that was on the floor right by the stairs.

He stormed over to me, lifting up my bluse without me noticing it and crushing the bottle against my right ribcage.

I screamed in pain. The glass from the bottle was tugging into my skin, it became harder to breath.

My bluse was off, it landed on the ground completly destroyed from the happening.

"YOU SHOULD BE DEAD! NOT GINA! DIE! DIE!" he shouted while kicking me several times.

I couldn't stop him. I never got the chance. I was in so much pain I couldn't even move from my spot.