1 - An Exhausting Day

(Art by argodeon on Tumblr! Check out their acc, their art is AMAZING!!!)

Thomas, sitting in his bed, back against the pillows on the headboard, reading a book, waited for James to come home. He was sick and even though it wasn't really that bad, James swore he would never get any Mac and Cheese if he's going to work in his condition.

Since there's a lot of stress going on at the office at the moment, James couldn't even think about not going to work, which Thomas totally understood; he didn't want to be a burden to James anyways.

As he heard the front door open, and keys jingling, James tiredly opened the almost-closed door to their bedroom and walked towards Thomas. He collapsed on his empty side of their bed, buried his face in the pillow while lying on his stomach, and put one arm around Thomas' waist, who just stared at him, slightly amused, but also concerned.

"Have you taken your medicine?" James asked, knowing that Thomas hated the ones that actually made him feel better.

Thomas looked over to his night stand where the bottle with the disgusting liquid stood. "The one that makes me all numb? No way!"

"C'mon, Honey, you gotta get better." James lifted his head a little to face his sick lover.

"You're one to talk to. Look at you, you look horribly exhausted! How much sleep did you even get?" Thomas asked, closing his book and placing it on the night table.

James looked away, sighed and mumbled something he knew Thomas wouldn't be able to hear.

"James Madison," Thomas said in a harsh tone, causing James to look at him. James knew, as soon as his boyfriend spoke out his full name, he was getting serious.

Giving in, James chuckled: "Actually, I haven't slept at all for the past two nights."

"What?! James, what the hell?? You gotta sleep! Now!"

"But I still have work to do," the tired man whined, slowly getting up.

As soon as he placed one foot on the floor, Thomas grabbed his hand and stared into his eyes. He could see that James really didn't even want to work, but since his boyfriend had decided to ignore his lack of sleep, Thomas realized it must be very important. Knowing that sooner or later James would pass out on his desk anyways, Thomas pulled him back towards the bed gently, thinking of something that could change James' mind.

"I tell you what," he finally said with a calm voice and a soft smile. "You go to sleep now and I will take my medicine in exchange. Deal?"

James thought for a moment, then lay back in the same position he was before with his face squished against the soft pillow. He muttered a quiet "okay" before closing his eyes.

Satisfied and keeping his promise, Thomas turned to his night stand, picked the bottle up and quickly swallowed his medication, making a disgusted grimace. It tasted horrible.
As soon as he placed the bottle back on the table, he heard a soft snore and turned back to James, only to see him asleep already. His lips were slightly parted and his back was rising and falling gently.

Heh. Didn't even bother to change your clothes. Thomas thought, smiling at how adorable James looked in his sleep. He loved watching him in this state, where he looked calm and no worries or stress could get to him.

Soon feeling tired as well, Thomas slipped further under the blanket and wrapped an arm around James' lower back. "Good night, Darling," he said, placing soft kisses on his lover's forehead and cheek before dozing off.

(597 words)