6 - Fromal Night

"Thomas, you're ready yet?", James asked from the other side of the bathroom door.

"Almost." Thomas was struggling with his hair, again. Everytime they had something important planned, his hair had to be a piece of shit. That's why it took him extra long today to get ready.

After another 10 minutes, he finally stepped out, fixing his bow tie. Both men wore tuxedos. Why? Thomas convinced James on going to an orchestra concert this evening since his parents used to do that often when Thomas was younger. Other than that, Thomas just loved the sound of the strings and the piano, considering he plays the violin.

"You look hot, baby", said James.

"Not as hot as you", Thomas responded, wrapping an arm around his fiancés waist and kissing his cheek. "Let's get going."

~

After an hour drive, they finally arrived and took a seat in the front row in one of those high Mezzanine seats (I had to look that up :')).
Thomas crossed his legs and sat up straight, being raised having good manners at events like these. James entangled their arms and hoped he won't sneeze anytime soon. He rarely saw Thomas being so serious about something (or...being serious about anything, come to think of it), so he didn't want to ruin this evening for him, even though he had a few coughing fits and sneezed a lot throughout the day, which was the reason why he was kind of exhausted already at 9 pm.

After a while, the composer arrived and began to direct the musicians. The strings, drums, trumpets, the piano and all the other instruments were played beautifully as the audience listened to the sounds. After about an hour, the piano player had a solo. The sound of the instrument was beautiful and calming, and James leaned his head against Thomas' shoulder.

"It's wonderful, isn't it?", Thomas whispered.

"Mhm", James hummed, squeezing Thomas' hand and intertwining their fingers. He didn't notice, but his eyelids suddenly felt heavy, so closed them and thus fell asleep by the piano's beautiful sounds next to his partner, feeling safe.

Thomas noticed James' grib began to weaken and looked down at him. He realized he'd fallen asleep and felt a warm smile spreading across his face. The taller man turned back to face the musicians and leaned his head on James'.

The show was finally over and Thomas placed his free hand on his lover's cheek, rubbing it gently with his thumb in attempt to wake him up.

"James, honey. It's time to go home", he whispered. James, however, mumbled something in his sleep and put his hand on top of Thomas' as he buried his face further into his shoulder. Thomas then tried to wake him by placing kisses all over his face. Well, that worked.

"Wake up, Jemmy."

"Hm?", James asked as his eyes fluttered open. "Is it over yet?"

Thomas chuckled, "Yes, you didn't even hear the applauding audience."

"Oh, I'm sorry..."

"Its okay, let's get home", Thomas said before pecking James' forehead.

In the car, James tried to stay awake, not wanting Thomas to have to wake him again, but failed. Miserably. He knocked out after 5 minutes.

As Thomas parked into their driveway, he didn't even THINK about waking James, gladly willing to carry him bridal style inside. He would have done this at the concert as well, but it was a very formal event with lots of arrogant people there. Since they're finally home now, Thomas didn't hesitate and picked James up, carrying him inside.

A/N: WOW, SHITTY ENDING, I KNO- Im sorry, I couldn't think of anything, oof.

(590 words)