5 - Sleepy Kisses

(Art by argodeon on Tumblr!)

As Thomas entered his house, he noticed that the lights in the bedroom were still on.

'It's already 11 pm, what is he even doing?', he asked himself, wondering why his husband was still up.
He put down his briefcase on the kitchen counter and walked towards the bedroom. He saw James, sitting in bed, on the blankets, reading his favourite book.

"Hey, Tommy," he said.

"James, why are you still up?"

"I wanted to wait for you because I'm a good husband", James smirked, placing the book down on his night stand.

"Aw, thanks, hun, but you really don't need to do this," Thomas chuckled, collapsing on the bed, facing the ceiling.

"Had a hard day, huh?"

Thomas sighed, closing his eyes and mumbled a yes. "I'm sorry you had to stay up for nothing. I'm too tired for anything, darling."

"Anything? Even for kisses?," James smiled.

Thomas opened his eyes and tiredly looked at James, smiling back. "You were waiting for me to steal some kisses, huh?"

"Maybe," James said, leaning down to kiss his husband gently on the lips. He placed his hand on his chest while Thomas put his own on James' cheek.
After a few shared kisses, Thomas' hand let go of James and slowly fell down, resting on his stomach. James also immediately noticed Thomas stopped kissing back and broke the contact.

"Thomas?" he asked.

After a few moments of not getting an answer, he wanted to ask again when he suddenly heard a soft snore coming from Thomas.

'Aw, so cute,' he thought as he smiled, moving his hand through Thomas' curly mess called his hair. He untied his cravat (because he didn't want it to strangle him in his sleep) and turned back to put it on his night stand before turning off the lamp. He then kissed Thomas on the cheek and rested his head on his chest.

"Goodnight, Tommy," he whispered before drifting off to sleep as well.

(333 words)