22 - Pregananant

A/N: Promt 41: "I'm pregnant."

James is trans in this :0  

Requested by PurpleFlamme (dude, I love your oneshot book)

Editor: ButterySalt

Thomas jumped as he felt his husband hugging him from behind. He calmed down quickly and smiled at him.

"Hey," James said softly, his face pressed against Thomas' back. "Happy Birthday."

"Thanks, hun," Thomas replied as his lover kissed his shirtless back.

After a while of just standing there and appreciating each other's company, Thomas finally spoke. "Uh, James? Can I put on my shirt?" he chuckled.

"You're so warm, though."

"We can cuddle later, I promise."

"Alright, but first, let me give you your present," James said with a smirk and let go of Thomas.

"What? A present? James, I thought we agreed on no gifts."

"As if you ever kept that promise," James said back with a chuckle.

He walked into the living room towards the spot where he hid the small box that was neatly wrapped while Thomas put on his shirt. He came back into their bedroom and fiddled with the gift; a bright but nervous grin plastered on his face.

"This is different. You'll love it...I hope," he said nervously, holding the present out for Thomas to take.

"Okay..." he said, curious about what James got him. Both of them headed back towards the living room couch and sat down together. Thomas noticed how nervous James was as the latter fiddled with his sweater sleeve.

"Darlin', are you okay?" He asked.

"Yeah, yeah, I'm fine. Just open it already," James said, smiling nervously.

Thomas took a look at the box. Magenta-coloured paper was wrapped around it with a nice silver ribbon on top of it. It was thin, but long. A pen could fit in this. He looked up at James and then back at the gift before removing the wrapping paper. He opened the box and couldn't believe what was in there.

A pregnancy test. Positive.

"I'm pregnant," James said quietly and smiled as he shifted in his position, already regretting his decision to tell his husband that way. He knew Thomas had wanted to have kids, but he could have changed his mind, right? What if he didn't want a child anymore? What would he say? What if he left James now that he knew?

Or...

What if he still wants kids? How will he react? How are they going to raise the child? Will they be good dads? Will Thomas spoil their kid? Probably. Does his husband want more than just one? God, James hoped not so many...

The smaller man cleared his throat while Thomas was still staring at the pregnancy test. "So...what do you say?"

Thomas smiled and closed his eyes, tears forming in them. "What I'm saying..." he chuckled. His head shot up to look at James. "Jemmy! This is wondERFUL!!!"

Thomas dropped the present on the couch and pulled his husband into a tight hug. He let go and said; "James! Oh my gosh, we're- " He paused to catch his breath, the brightest smile covering his face. "WE'RE GOING TO BE DADDIES!!"

Thomas let go off James and stood up from the couch. "This is going to be so exciting! We're gonna share our lives with our little son or daughter! Oh my, what are we going to name them? What colour should we paint the nursery?"

He paced around the room, shooting quick glances of adoration at James every now and then. "Oh god, James- think of all the shopping for the room! Toys, a bed, a baby carriage, paint, curtains- "

"Thomas!" James interrupted him. "Calm down, we've still got enough time to go through all of that," he laughed, taking his excited lover's hand and pulling him back to the couch.

"I'm sorry," Thomas said, out of breath from talking too fast. "It's just going to be so much fun!"

He kissed James softly on the lips and placed his and on his stomach. "Thank you for giving me the best present of my life," he said lovingly.

"I love you," James said in response.

"I love you, too. And our little one."

A/N: Man, I'm just gonna ruin this: I can clearly imagine James screaming at Thomas while giving birth and telling him about how much he hated him at that moment and accidentally breaking his hand while squeezing it XD

(669 words)