7 - Nightmares and Cuddles

It was about three in the morning and everyone in the house was already sound asleep. Well, not everyone.

While James and Thomas laid next to each other, James on his back and Thomas on his side, an arm protectively wrapped around his smaller husband's waist, only soft snores audible, their daughter was now wide awake. A nightmare disturbed her slumber and she immediately shot up, breathing heavily. She tried to go back to sleep again, but gave up trying, knowing that she couldn't get the horrible images out of her mind.

Abigail grabbed her plushie and made her way out of her room, heading towards her dads' bedroom. The door was already slightly open, so all she had to do was push the door open without making any sounds.

She tiptoed to the side of the bed closest to the door where James laid, slightly shaking him, attempting to wake him up. "Dad?," she whispered, but no answer came. Well...except for slight snores.

She asked again, this time a bit louder, "Daddy?," but there was still no answer. She pouted and climbed on the bed, making her way to Thomas. James was a heavy sleeper, other than Thomas, who's eyes immediately opened when he felt a weight on his legs. He looked down at his 5-year-old daughter, who was about to try to wake Thomas.

"Abby?," he slurred still half-asleep. "Honey, what are you doing here?"

"I-I had a nightmare and couldn't fall asleep after that anymore...," she responded sheepishly.

Thomas eyes filled with concern. "Aw, honey. It was just a nightmare. No one will ever hurt you as long as we're here. C'mere." He shifted away from James just a bit, so that there's just enough space for Abigail to join them. She hugged her plushie close to her chest as she snuggled into James' side, before Thomas laid his arm on both, his daughter and his husband. He kissed Abby quickly on the forehead, "Goodnight, sweety."

"Night, Pa," she responded before both drifted off to sleep.

* * *

Even though James was a heavy sleeper, he's always the one getting up first as long as the sun shines through the windows, so he was a bit confused to see his daughter sleeping between him and Thomas. He certainly didn't mind, though, and smiled, kissing his husband's cheek. He wrapped his arms around Thomas, so that both men were now in a protective position towards their precious child.

What is grammar :')

(406 words)