Ten

♦PENELOPE♦

My new monster didn't come wearing a long black coat on a shiny black horse. He wore a tuxedo and rode a Harley.

–Penelope

There weren't a lot of things that surprised me since I had gotten my life back. Except maybe the man who threatened to make my world crumble with just one look. Emilio del Guardo was standing outside my house with a picnic basket at six–thirty in the evening. I had never seen a sight stranger. He had this image akin to the big bad wolf and I found his entire appearance odd. He kept muttering to himself and glaring at the basket as if it was his greatest enemy. There was something off about him too, as his appearance was more disheveled rather than the impeccable man I was used to seeing.

"Emilio, I said you can come inside. Unless you want to stand there and stare at me all night."
He scoffed and glided past me into the house and deposited the basket on the small coffee table between the sofas. His eyes moved over the living area before landing on me, trailing down my body with unmistaken hunger. He straightened and thrusted his large hand inside his trousers pocket. Despite his unkempt appearance he still managed to rock the expensive suit. He removed his jacket and rolled the sleeves of his dress shirt up to his elbows, baring vein–corded firearms. I didn't miss the witch of his hands either. There was no doubt they didn't possessed the strength imagined. What was it about men's muscular forearms?

"Is everything okay?" I asked. "You seem a bit..."

I realized his eyes were red–rimmed and bloodshot.

"Have you been drinking?"

His jaws clenched. "I'm not drunk, trust me."

I narrowed my eyes at him. After having a few horrifying encounters with drunken men I was thrilled about his partial intoxication. I didn't know what he was capable of under the influence.

"What's in the basket?"

Without looking up he snapped, "Dinner."

I moved towards him and peeked inside. It smelled delicious.

"And you came all the way here to eat with me?" I laughed.

He gazed at me pointedly.

"Did you miss me Emilio? Couldn't stay away, could you?"

I knew I was poking the bear but I couldn't help but rile him up some more. I loved that look on his face when the truth bit him in that firm round ass of his. An ass I'd fantasized about clenching and unclenching as he fucked me. Not that I would sleep with him. Yet. I didn't know if I could ever sleep with anyone again after what Juan did to me. That monster scared me for life. Ruined me for any man.

Not that Emilio was sleeping with material. I already knew what I was afraid to ask. He was a domineering man and I suspected that he was no gentle or thorough lover. He was the sort of guy that would tie a woman up and used her for his own pleasure. He was a fucker not a lover. And yet...I craved his company.

A warm hand cupped my jaw and he leveled our gazes.

"What are you thinking about, querida?" I noticed the faint smirk on his lips. He knew the direction my thoughts had taken and he was reveling in my embarrassment. Sadist.

"Your eyes are glazed over with...lust."

"You're mistaken."

God, his shoulders were so wide. Imagine my thighs wrapped around them as he–

"Am I, Penelope?" His accent deepened in the best way possible around my name. His words sounded like all the sins rolled into one potent concoction. He pressed his fingers to my wrist and my pulse jumped. His devious smile widened.