|Twelve|

Emilio

What the fuck have I done? I pulled my hand from her body and heard her whimper. Penelope didn't look at me. She curled into a feral position on the table. Silent tears ran down the sides of her face.

My mind was clear now, the haze evaporating. The need to punish her gone. She looked smaller now, broken and almost pathetic if I were to be honest. And I had caused that. I had no idea what to do. Should I comfort her? I was a afraid to touch her. I clenched my teeth. After what I had just done touching her shouldn't have repulsed me. I felt disgusted with myself.

"Penelope?" My voice cracked.
She rolled into her back and bared herself to me once more. The awful scar between her thighs ran all the way up to her mound. Something about it was too precise to just be a random accident. Someone had down it. A spot of blood dotted her inner thigh and I saw her body jerk repeatedly until I realized that she was sobbing.

She climbed off table and stumbled. My heart thumped heavily in my chest as I watched the woman before me. I'd just opened a wound she had fought valiantly to close. She was right, I was no better than Juan Carnilio.

I had more or less just raped her.
"Pen?"
A growl worked it's way up my throat. Brad stood in the doorway looking between us.
"Brad?" Her voice uttered his name on a suppressed sob.
Brad's features hardened. "What did you do to her?"

Nothing that can be fixed, I wanted to say.

"Leave."
Brad didn't look like a man concerned now. The look in his eyes was feral, wild as though he would pounce on me. He could try but he would by get far. He took Penelope in his arms and she sobbed into his chest.

"Get the fuck out and don't come back."

I didn't know his long I stood there praying she would look at me and say anything to me. Even to tell me to get lost. But nothing.

I turned and left, her sobs echoing in my head. I couldn't see straight as I ride back to the city. Everything in my gaze was red. I was beyond pissed. What kind of a man would hurt a woman like Penelope? She was fragile and needed the utmost care.

I realised something that almost made me crash my bike. Penelope trusted me. Even knowing the potential threat I represented to her safety she rendered a part of herself to key me in and instead of embracing it and her I'd abused it and her.

Monster.

I'd been so fucking full of myself and blind. And now it was too late. Too late. The words echoed in my head like a sneer and bringing me back to a place in the past I'd fought hard to burry in the deepest part of my mind...

The house was dark and for the eight year old boy navigating his way through the darkness it wasn't a feat. Emilio was used to the darkness that was not only his house but his young life.

He remembered waking up to his mommy's screams last night. They were louder this time. This morning she had not come to breakfast and when he had offered to take a plate up his father had glared at him he had whimpered and sunken deeper into the cushioned chair. He didn't miss the raw ses on his father's knuckles either.

He knew he hurt his mommy.
"Why won't mommy come down?" she asked. "Is she sick again?"
He knew she wasn't sick the lady time.
"Your mother doesn't want to see anyone!" he spat. "Now eat your food, Emilio."

"You're lying daddy. You're a dick like everyone says," he braved.

He sprang up from the chair so fast it titled backward and toppled onto the floor. His father's loud expletives echoed through the large room as Emilio fled. He moved towards the library and pulled opened the secret treasure box he hid behind the books. Inside was a plate of warm food. Hurrying down the hall he founded his mother's room but he heard the sound of water running.

"Mommy?"
His little heart died at the thought of something bad happening to her.
"Mommy?"
He saw water running under the door to his feet. He pushed the door opened and saw that the tube had over flown.

"Mommy?"
He moved closer and screamed at the sighed of her dark hair fanning out in the water. Her body was uncovered and a bottle of pills laid on the floor knocked over.

He climbed into the tube water splashing on either sides onto the floor and trued with all his might to get get head above water.

"Mommy please don't leave me," he sobbed.
She was too heavy and kept slipping back under water but he was brave and strong like mommy told him and he would save her.
"Mommy?"
He would save get even if he had to drown to do it...

Emilio blinked away the memory. His eyes widened at the sight before him and the loud horn of the truck. He didn't gave the time to survey away and he knew it. It crashed right into him and the horrendous sound of metal scrunching was the last thing he heard before everything went black.

Please remember to vote and leave a comment vote.