Twenty-Three

I was fucking in euphoria this morning. I licked a pretty girl until my tongue was numb. I saw heaven. Now I see hell.
~Emilio

Emilio

My bloody fist connected to his face face again, sending blood sputtering on my suit. My knuckles was red and raw by now but I didn't give a damn. The chin wrapped around my hand dug into small cuts

His face was unrecognisable and swollen to a pulp. One eye was fat, black and seal shut just the way I liked.

"Where is it?" I growled.

His bloody lips parted, spit and blood connecting like  thick slimy threads. My stomach churned in revulsion.
"I don't-"
My fist kissed his face two more times. His bloody spittle hit my face.
"Wrong answer," I hissed.
A sign sounded at my right. Matteo puffed on his cigar before he removed his gun from its holster.
"It would be better if you shoot him where it matters. He'll talk."

Matteo smirked at the bloody man's grunt. He pressed the gun to his crotch and he whimpered like a bitch.

"Charles Renoir you're a fucking pussy," Matteo said his finger playing over the trigger.
"Naw," I disagreed, "pussies are stronger and more resistant."
Matteo grinned, amusement dancing in his eyes.
"Oh? Spend all night in Penelope's and suddenly you're a pussy expert?"
"Enough with your jokes. Stop assuming about her, Matteo. I don't appreciate your tone. She isn't an object," I spat.
I could feel the furry burning inside me. Part of it from Matteo's carelessness regarding Penelope and the bloody thief in the chair.

Matteo lifted his hand in surrender. "Got it, homie. But you're vagina whipped. Better word?"
"No wonder Sofia ditched you. I could only imagine your vulgarity with the woman."

Matteo growled. "Low blow, man."
I shrugged before turning back to Charles Renoir.

"Plus, Sofia can rot in hell. I've my eyes on a new dove."
"Who?"
His smile was secretive and animalistic. Whoever this girl was she must be Red Riding Wood because Matteo was the big bad wolf

"I fear for this girl already," I quipped.

The man in the chair groaned and I kicked the back if the chair and watched it toppled over. Charles choked on his own blood. I felt merciful so I used the tip of my boot to turn his face to the side on the cold concrete.

"You're merciful today, chica," Matteo chuckled.

"Yeah, I am Mattie boo."
He pouted.
When Matteo had called me this morning to tell me a very trusted accountant and employee had embezzled money from my company I didn't believe him until we had to go on a scavenger hunt across LA and intercept this thief at the border of Cali and Mexico two million dollars richer.

The look on his face was enough to tell me everything I needed to know. I wouldn't kill him because I needed answers he refused to present to him. After, I would burry him alive, literally. My bullets were too good for his brain. I wanted him to suffer until his last breath.

I was that brutal. I despised lists and thieves. I'd trusted this man for years.  And he'd stolen from me. It had occured to me they there was something more to the story. If he wanted help or was in trouble he could have come to me. I would have given him the cash without interest but with conditions.

My morning with Penelope was ruined. I glanced at the time on clock on the wall. Five P.M. Pulling out my phone I called the guards outside the walls of the dungeon.

"Cone take him away. Keep him alive for when I get back."
Matteo and I opened the large metal door and stepped out into carpeted hallway. We took the stairs to the first floor of the gentleman's club. At the door a female attendant offered me a glass of amber liquid. I politely declined.
If she saw the blood on my clothes she said nothing. She knew better.

"I have to go wash up and leave."
Matteo gave a sharp nod.
"HQ?"
"Yes. I have to smooth things over there."
"Alright. I'll take care of things from here."
"Good."
We bumped fists and separated. Although the embezzlement was no secret at the offices everything was running smoothly as if nothing happened. We were two million dollars lighter but everybody keeper to their assigned tasks.

Just the way I wanted it. I smoothed the dark suit I'd changed into. As I stood by the arched windows I looked down at the world around me with a smile. I was proud of what I had created from nothing. I remembered my father's taunting words.

You're a worthless little piece of filth. You'll never be man I won't you to be. You're too weak. I curse the day you were born.

My smile grew tight and my fists clenched around the top of the chair. I'd proved him wrong. I wasn't weak. I was a beasts who had his own destiny in the palms of his hands. I'd made something from the ashes my father had left behind.

I wasn't the man he thought would be. I was better.

I turned away from the window and picked up the bouquet of roses for Penelope. I realized something was missing and a smile firmed on my lips.

I walked to a shop close by to get a box of the most expensive chocolate. I spotted some Hershey's. I used to love those when I was younger. I bought that too.

When I stepped out of the shop I paused in my path. A man lurked against the power post. Something was odd about him. His face was tattooed all over with that of a skeleton. I was about to walk away until he smiled, wide, white and toothy like an evil clown. He looked demented. My fucking blood ran cold.
Impulsively, my hand reached around to pull my gun. I watched his shoulders shook with silent laughter until he disappeared behind a post.

"Fucking freak," I muttered.

When I arrived at Penelope's-dispute the work load I'd left on my study desk back at home-there was blood on the floor and the fucker from next door, Brad,  was hauling a bloody cloth on the floor and leaving a trail on the dark wooden floor.

The cloth was the robe Penelope wore  this morning when I left.
His eyes widened at the sight of me.

Cold dread washed over me and sweat trickled down my temple and nape.

It took me back to time, to a dark place no ten year old should ever witness.

"What the fuck did you do to her?" I roared. "Where's her body?"

His eyes widened and I pounced.

What do you think happen? 😱