Chapter 23 (Cashier!)

(WARNING - SOME DEPRESSING SHIT Cuz I'm really depressed rn T^T Sorry for bad grammar. Also, In this chapter Lance And Keith are strangers~ Setting - Earth )

Pidge POV

I sighed. There's no food left in my apartment! Keith loves here with me but he doesn't even eat, I swear this boys gonna drive himself crazy if he starved himself even more! Well, I guess I need to go grocery shopping.

Ugh. I'm not a fan of shopping, But since it's for food then it's an exceptional. Keith's still at college so I must wait till he gets back, He doesn't have many classes today, Only three. He should be back in a hour. It's around 9:15 am and I don't have any classes today until it's 2:30 pm.

So, What can a short person like me do to pass the time? I guess I'll eat some ramen noodles whilst binge watching some tv shows since that's the only food we have left, Right? Eh, Sounds good enough. I walked over to the kitchen, opening a cup of ramen noodles and adding water in it, Then standing on my stool Keith bought me so I can place the ramen in the microwave.

I turned the microwave on to the numbers I should let it cook for then went to turn on the tv and put on one of my favorite shows! Ah, Now this is my cheap self living the best life.

It's been a while and Keith Finally got back! Now we can go to the store and get food, My only love! I'm so happy I could cry, Anyways I also need to go to the gadgets store to get some supplies for my lab experiment.

He looks ency weency bit depressed. Ah, Who am I kidding? He looks very depressed. I'm just gonna try and cheer him up the best I can though. "Let's go.." Keith walked outside to the motorcycle he owns and put on his helmet. Wow. He's so edgy.

I groaned slightly and walked over to the motorcycle. "Oka~y" I said. Keith's a pretty fast driver and if it wasn't thanks to his good driving skills we would've got in a crash by now.

*A few wheelies later :3*

Finally, Where here! The Grocery Store. The most amazing place ever, When you actually wanna go but anyways— The grocery store! I held Keith's hand and ran inside, He bumped into the aisle sign and groaned, Oopsie Doopsie!

I got my cart full of food after I begged Keith to go outside and get a cart for me. He obviously obeyed my command, As for I am his best friend so props to me for being social! I went in the line to pay, Not looking back.

It took a long time, So many people had so many stuff. This is the worst.

"Keithhh, People are taking to long, Tell them to sto~p," I kept whining and whining and whining for ages and then, As if I have finally got my wish, Keith helped to make the line go quicker.

"Fine" Keith sighed and walked to the front of the cash register, Not looking at the Now curious cashier.

"Everyone, I understand where all tired and wanna go home by now, So please don't hog the line. Please don't take so much time talking that nobody else can go pay. Please, Oh please stop with all of this crowd, Where not in the highway, There really shouldn't be traffic! So, I sincerely say, And I quote! Please, Stop and help everyone out so we can get on with our day. Thank you.."

Keith spoke with such empathy, Everyone started tearing up. Or maybe that's because there tired, I thought. "Aw Man, I didn't know this is how you felt, Sorry bro!" Some dude who looked a few years older then Keith said.

"My name is Jay by the way, That speech was beautiful!" He hugged Keith tightly and sobbed in his shoulders. "Okay Okay, Chop Chop! You heard the cutie, We all got lives to live!" Some lady said.

And so, Everyone hurriedly payed for There grocery's And Keith stood next to me, Once again quiet. I patted his back, I know he's not in the mood but..I need to make him happy.

"That will be $11.23 miss." The Unknown cashier spoke, He was a bit tan. Thin brown hair. Cool eyes. Ooo, Keith might like him! "Keith, Look at the Cashier! He's cute!" I squeeled.

"Noooo" Keith put his Hood on, Kinda, And whined just like I did when the line was long.

"Cmon, He's really-"

"Hello miss, How are you?" The cashier spoke, The kind smile plastered on his face.

He seems pretty chill, If we become friends then I can annoy him with my experiments! Hehehe, I'm evil and I love it.

"Hello, My days Alright, How about you?" I questioned unknowingly.

"It's great, Thank you. Ah, And How was your day sir?" The cashier asked. He tried to look at Keith's face, But can't see it due to the hood he has on.

"...." Keith stayed quiet, Ughhh this is his ONE chance to see a cute dude today and he's not even going to look!?

"Uhm, Is he alright?" The cashier looked pretty worried.

"Nope..But uh, I'm sorry he's being quiet! I'll make him talk!" I said confidently. I gave a death stare poking through his empty soul, And I didn't stop staring. At all.

Keith POV

Damnit, Damnit, Damnit, Damnit! Not the death stare, Someone save me. Pidge looks really scary right now. I should probably listen..

No! Stay strong Keith, Stay strong..Stay strong..Stay— Fine, I cant stay strong!

"Fine.." I spoke quietly, I really don't want to talk right now..

"Yes! Told ya I could make him talk!" Pidge smiled at the cashier. I still don't know how the cashier looks but I don't want to know..

"Yay, That's good. Ah, And by the way the names Lance!" The cashier said happily. How can he be so happy? I wonder..

"Why are you so happy?" I blurted that out, Oh god. I didn't mean to say that out loud. He probably thinks I'm an idiot.

"Oh? Well I'm happy because I get to meet new people everyday, People who might even be my best friend one day! There's a lot of reasons why I'm happy, What about you?" Lance said curiously.

"I- Uhm..I-I.." I don't know what to say, What makes me happy?...

I ran out of the store, my minds going crazy. I need to go home, I need to go home, I need to go home!!!! I ran, And Ran..And Ran. I wasn't looking where I was going..I ended up in a small playground, Empty. The playgrounds Empty. But my thoughts aren't..

I sat down on the nearest swing and gripped my hand on the steel chain on either side of me, Swinging gently as the gentle breeze passed by me. Whistling softly.

I need a break, I need a break from people, I need a break from life, I need a break from this world, But most of all..I need a break from my own damn thoughts..I can't stop wondering that question though...

What makes you happy?

(To Be continued in the next chapter! Well guys..What makes you happy?)