Gabe- 3

Disclaimer: Unfortunately, these characters and photos don't belong to me.

3rd Person POV
October 26th, Friday, 2018

Percy and Annabeth's bond only grew stronger between the two of them. They acted as if they knew each other for years. Throughout the days, the pair received comments about how they would look cute together or how they acted like a couple. Both Annabeth and Percy had to remind them that Percy was dating somebody. Neither looked too happy about it though *wink wink*.

But a relationship wouldn't work without trust and they were both hiding secrets from one another. Annabeth's secret career and Percy's poor excuse of a step-father.

Thalia and Grover kept reminding Annabeth, through text, that the label still wanted her working on her songs and finding a new duet partner.

Gabe was relentless and harsh, beating Percy on a daily basis. Everyday Percy would try his hardest to keep his depression away. But everyone has a breaking point.

Percy's POV

Waking up on the floor with a bruised and bloody face isn't exactly what you call ideal.

Unfortunately, the experience of it wasn't rare for me. For an old man, Gabe hit extraordinarily hard and with impeccable accuracy. He didn't show a hint of mercy.

(Flashback)

Last Night

"Hey mom?" I asked. Mom and I were in my room talking and I remembered that the Stolls were hosting an early Halloween party. I just so happened to be on the VIP list along with most of my friends.

"Yes honey?" my mom replied, kindly. There was one thing everyone could agree on about my mother. No matter how much my mom was hurting on the inside, she was always kind to everyone and anything she met, including the people who didn't deserve it. No one really knew how such a lovely person like my mom ended up with Gabe. I always assumed she just wanted to see the best in everyone.

"A few of my friends are going to a party tomorrow and I was wondering if I could go?"  I asked, scratching the back of my neck, afraid she might reject the idea.

Her eyes wrinkled and a smile appeared on her face. All my worries vanished.

"Of course, " my mom beamed, standing up from my bed. "Now I have got to get to work. Finish your homework before I get back and I'll make some blue cookies."

My eyes widened and I started writing like a madman. She chuckled, lighting up the whole room. If you have never tasted Sally Jackson's blue cookies before, you aren't living properly.
My mom started making blue cookies when Gabe told her that there were no such things as blue food. She challenged that and only made blue food to prove her point. Gabe admitted defeat for the first time and she stopped making everything blue. The blue cookies stuck.

My homework was done, but I never got the chance to eat the cookies; Gabe came in.

(WARNING: MENTIONS OF ABUSE! IF YOU ARE TRIGGERED, DO NOT READ THE REST OF THIS)

Gabe truly lived up to the nickname of Smelly Gabe. I could smell the stench of alcohol and cigarettes before he even walked in.

He picked me up by the shirt, forcing the smell of alcohol into a taste. Gabe threw me against the wall, sending spikes of pain down my back. Paralyzing me with a mixture of a feeling of fear and agonizing pain.

I didn't scream or make a noise. I learned to never show signs of pain a long time ago  when Gabe originally started to physically abuse me. Never, under any circumstance, show your pain to Gabe. He only fed off of it.

At times like these, I attempted to think back to before my mother married Gabe. When my real-father was still around, taking us on trips to Montauk before he had to report back to the navy. I shouldn't even been able to remember those times because I was just under five. I did though and no one could take those memories away.

Gabe repeated the process several times before kneeling down and shouting in my face.

"You want to go to a party, punk?!" He boomed, slurring some words. He was drunk. Drunk Gabe was worse than Sober Gabe. "I bet you just wanna sleep with girls and get them pregnant. I'm sure not gonna pay for child support!"

"No, sir, " I mumbled, nervously.

"Don't talk back to me, punk!" He ordered, screaming in my face. He took a swig of his beer before proceeding to throw it at me like a baseball to a glove.

The glass made cuts in my skin, but the alcohol is what made the pain burn.

No noises came from my mouth, but Gabe fed off the pain in my eyes.

He punched me in the face and in several other places. Not seeing a good enough reaction from me, Gabe stood up.

I thought he was done, but my step-father's punches turned into kicks. My ribs flared with a burning sensation and my eyes prickled with water.

More amused by my response, Gabe brought out a pocket knife and my eyes widened at the blade. He firmly took my left arm and started cutting letters into my already bloody skin.

For the first time since I was eight years old, I screamed. I didn't scream from the pain. The scream was caused by the monster who was inflicting the pain.

Reality faded into absolute darkness.

============

A/N: Yes I know that was a very short chapter, but I'm behind schedule and I have homework!

Original Word Count: 770
New Word Count: 951