Why- 24

Disclaimer: Unfortunately, these characters and photos don't belong to me.

Percy's POV
January 18th, 2019

Our case was going cold.

Gabe managed to make himself disappear off the face of the planet. No one heard from him. No one could find him.

Heck, most people didn't even know about Gabe. The cops wanted to keep the whole thing quiet and didn't take it to the news. They claimed that if Gabe happened to be in front of a television, it would make their jobs harder.

In the time he's been gone, he probably made a whole new life; new identity, new girlfriend, new haircut, new home. While mom and I are worried off our asses.

Every time I turned around, I thought I caught him following me, it turned out my mind was playing tricks on me.

I woke up in cold sweat every day because of nightmares about him.

Me being me, I played it off like no big deal when in reality I was on the verge of a mental breakdown. My wrists always itched until I dragged the stupid piece of metal across it.

Mom talked to a therapist about my sudden case of depression. She said symptoms of depression were normal and expected. The only thing the therapist did to help was write me a prescription for Anxiolytic.

It didn't work. The medication wasn't even made for depression, but to help relieve anxiety. Multiple websites confirmed that information.

Mom talked to the same therapist who then prescribed me antidepressants. But those just made me feel emotionless and inhuman. I stopped taking them and stored them in a Ziploc bag hidden in my bathroom.

Annabeth had to leave for a mini tour that would last until next Friday. She was the only person who knew about Gabe beside Paul. Not even Jason or Thalia knew and they were my cousins.

Speaking of Paul, him and mom 'hung out' yesterday. By that I mean went on a date. I should've been mad at her for moving on so quick, but I couldn't bring myself to feel that way. I may be biased but mom deserved to get everything she wanted. A happy life. A happy family.

A happy ending....

A happy ending was something I knew I wasn't getting. I didn't deserve it.

A/N: SHORT BUT CRUCIAL

A chapter will be out Monday (well what's Monday for me.)

Word Count: 405 words