Rehabilitation- 29

Disclaimer: Unfortunately, these characters don't belong.

Quick note: I have no idea how rehabilitation centers work. Like at all. Chances are everything in this is inaccurate. Sorry that I suck at writing and doing research. XD

*UNEDITED*

Percy's POV
January 29th, Tuesday, 2019
Day One

I arrived at the rehab center in Ohio around noon. Mom chose the location since she hated all the other options.

(A/N: I don't know if there is a rehab center in Ohio, but I didn't want Percy in New York and I saw Ohio was somewhat close.)

Crystal Jay Rehabilitation Center roomed ten to fifteen boys and had an 81 percent success rate. About twelve boys, including me, stayed there at the time. The place looked like a regular five bedroomed house from the outside. Most people didn't even realize a bunch of suicidal/drug-addicted teens stayed there.

"Percy," my mom said bringing me out of my mini trance. She stood next to a very tall man with silvery hair. "This is Bob, Percy. He's the manager of the center."

"Why do you have a janitor's outfit on?" I asked before I got a chance to shut my mouth.

"Percy!"

Instead of getting upset, Bob began to laugh. My mom glared at me while I awkwardly smiled. Bob stopped laughing, but a smile remained present. "I like you already, kid."

Bob went on to explain how the center worked, my schedule, and the names of the other people I would be staying with. However, my brain was still focused on what happened Sunday.

"Most of the boys here have experience with cutting, so we have a rule that states you may only wear a short-sleeved short." I heard Bob say.

"Didn't pack any," I lied. Despite what Bob had said, I'm not completely comfortable with showing my marks to others.

Bob offered a smile. "It's okay. We have tons of extras."

He is just trying to be nice. He is just trying to be nice. Don't punch him for trying to be nice, I thought to myself. This is going to be terrible.

Mom and I were led into his office for more details. Once again I only caught a few words.

"Percy should only be here for about a month. The only reason he would stay any longer is if he relapses or fails the test." Bob explained, mostly to my mom.

Mom's eyebrows tugged down. "Relapses?"

Bob shifted uncomfortably. "In the past, some of our boys have found ways to get more drugs or cut themselves. For Percy, we're more worried about the cutting."

I felt Mom's eyes on me, but I refused to look at her. A psychologist somehow got me to admit how long Gabe's abuse lasted and how long I was cutting.

Mom asked Bob how long the doctors told him I cut for and he answered with four years.

(Day 5)

It was right there.

How did they think I wouldn't take it?