Quit&Truth- 27

Disclaimer: Unfortunately, these characters don't belong to me.

GUYS I ACTUALLY EDITED THIS! I'm so proud of myself even though it's still bad, BUT HEY, that means I can improve. With means I have to write more and put you all through my crappy writing! MWAHAHA, I'm an evil chicken nugget! (What the heck is wrong with me xD)

Annabeth's POV
Same Day

I couldn't help but feel angry with the staff team. They drag me away from where I actually want, need, to be for a whole week just to set up another meeting.

Sure, I didn't have to leave the state again, but I had to leave Percy at the dam hospital.

Plus, it didn't change the fact the the whole point of this whole arrangement was for me to live a normal life while I still could. Not have two lives that intervene with one another.

"Annabeth," Thalia said from beside me to get my attention back on the meeting. Across from me sat Gaea, Hailey (Gaea's personal assistant), and a random thirty year old man who I've never seen before.

Gaea was the head of the label I, and many other artists, worked for. Needless to say, controlling my entire career (and life) seemed to be her main priority.

"So, since someone," Gaea glared at me as she said it. "Hasn't been doing her work. I've decided to hire Dictor." She made a gesture to the man, who was smoking a cigarette right in poor Hailey's face.

Despite Thalia's attempts to keep my attention on the meeting, all that ran through my head while Gaea was going over his job description was a single thought. What kind of idiot names their kid Dictor? I mean, people are just gonna be rude and call him a dick.

The only thing I managed to catch was Gaea explaining that Dictor would be the one writing my songs.

"No, not happening. I write my own songs." I put simply and started to walk out, Thalia right behind me.

Regularly, both Thalia and Grover would be presented during the meetings with Gaea. However, Juniper, Grover's fiancée, felt under the weather. Grover wanted to help her feel better.

I might have been overreacting about Gaea's proposal, but the whole idea for me finishing my last year of high school was to get away from my job. Not be to be constantly working on songs.

"This meeting isn't over," Gaea called out. I sighed and turned to face her. "If you don't like this idea then quit. We don't need you anyway."

It was a lie. Gaea is notorious for them. They needed me more than I needed them, and they knew it. I knew it. Saying that I wasn't needed apparently meant I should come running back to her and beg for my job.

I tried for a stereotypical dumb blonde smile.

"I guess I quit then." I said before walking back to the door. Before I had turned, I saw Hailey trying to suppress a smile. Gaea tried calling out to me. I responded by flipping her off over my shoulder.

I quit.

Thalia and I walked until we reached the parking garage. A smile was present on both of our faces. No more working for that control freak.