Kronos- 10

Disclaimer: Unfortunately, these characters and photos don't belong to me.

*Unedited*

Percy's POV

"Luke, put the gun away," I said calmly as I trembled with fear on the inside. "It won't solve anything."

He raised the gun higher. "Why should I listen to you? You, Percy Jackson, get everything you want: a family, the girl, popularity, friends..."

I started to remember what I learned about Luke's family. Back when we were friends, he told me a lot of his family members on his mom's side struggled with mental illnesses. Including his mom and grandfather, Kronos. Luke looked up to his golden eyed grandfather as a child before his mental breakdown.

"You had that Luke," Annabeth spoke softly. "You had Grover and I as your family. Thalia was your girlfriend. You had Athena as your source of popularity."

"Put the gun down, Luke. Before you do something you'll reject." I added to Annabeth's statement, reaching my hand out for the gun.

Luke, unmoved by our speech, tightened his grip on the trigger. I backed up to get further from his range of fire.

"No one cares for me anymore," Luke gritted his teeth. "They're just going to try and lock me up."

Out of the corner of my eye, I caught Annabeth dialing a number by her side. The action went unsuspected by Luke.

"Luke, please. Just give him the gun," Annabeth pleaded from behind me. "We will help you."

"I promise," I said to Luke. Something caught Annabeth's attention and she focused on that. I assumed it was the sirens, so I let it be. "I'm going to help you get through this."

His golden eyes watered, but Luke kept the tears in. "Promise?

"Percy..." Annabeth said quietly.

"Promise." I replied to Luke.

BANG

As the bullet flew into skin, I fell to the floor. Luke's eyes widened at the other shooter before using his own weapon to shoot Ethan Nakamura in the chest.

Blood oozed from the wounded shoulder. Not fatal by force, but blood loss. Annabeth dropped to the ground next to me.

"Annabeth," I said weakly, putting pressure on the wound. Luke's gun fell to the floor. "Why would you do that?"

"He was aiming for your back," Annabeth replied gritting her teeth. The cops came in and arrested Ethan and Luke. "The blow would have killed you."

"You didn't have to take the bullet for me, Wise Girl." I said back to her as paramedics came rushing in.

Annabeth somehow managed to put a smile on her face. "You promised, Seaweed Brain. We would not get separated."

"You're impossible." I chuckled.

"Oh please," Annabeth started as the paramedics came in. "You love me."

That I did.

__________

A/N: I'm such a horrible person for making Annabeth get shot.... but you can't get mad at me because originally Rachel died.

Word Count: 476 words

(Short Chapter, I know)