CHAPTER 01 : First Contact

"Nothingness (Ayin) is more existent than all the being in the world. But since it is simple, and all simple things are complex compared to its simplicity it is called Aine."

==========================================

The world of Star Harmony Academy, where "Best Friends" are everything...

Several days have passed after the "death" of Pure Palette, a Friends Unit consisting of Aine Yuuki and Mio Minato, following their defeat to Reflect Moon of the Shirayuri twins during the Brilliant Friends Cup. Due to Mio's awakening within the Aikatsu Zone, the less-experienced Aine was unable to catch up with Mio's state of self-focus and caused Pure Palette to desynchronize, leading to their defeat. Mio decided to temporarily disband their unit and went their separate ways in order to strengthen their resolve of love and trust between each other, while also powering-up their individual idol skills even further - most especially for the less-experienced Aine - in hopes that they'll eventually be able to fully reconnect with each other, bringing Pure Palette back to life, and eventually compete against the Diamond Friends Love Me Tear.

However, a mysterious threat is about to change their lives and their unit revival plan.

==========================================

At nighttime, in Aine's house...

Aine along with her two younger siblings and her older sister are currently watching a show which stars Love Me Tear as mecha pilots. The show is currently getting into the action scenes with Love Me Tear fighting the enemy grunt units. One mecha piloted by Karen Kamishiro wields a naginata, while the other one piloted by Mirai Asuka wields beam machine guns.

Momone: "KYAARUN~! Look at how cool these two are in their pilot suits!"

Yoshitsune: "Cool! Cool!"

The scene on TV shows Karen doing the brave perspective with her naginata before rushing towards her opponent and unleashes multiple thrusts at it, followed by Mirai providing fire support with her beam machine guns. From behind the sofa, Aine's elder brother Kazune also watches for a bit.

Kazune: "Hmm, aren't they piloting Gundams?"

Momone: "You mean that Gundam?"

Kazune: "Correct, but you're probably either too young or haven't been born yet when the good ones came out."

Momone: "Aww... that's rather unfortunate for me."

Kazune: "Maybe I should rent the home-video releases and let you know which are the good ones."

Suzune: "Are you gonna go that far?"

Kazune: "Easy, Suzune. It would be a different story if I chose to purchase the retail copies."

Aine herself isn't saying anything while watching the show. Shortly after, she simply leaves.

Suzune: "Hey, Aine, where are you--?"

Aine: "I'm going back to my room."

Kazune: "Oh..."

Aine heads to her room. Her mom and dad are looking at her.

Kazune: "Is she still...?"

Nene: "Uh-huh, it really looks like Aine hasn't gotten over it..."

Masamune: "Yes, ever since Pure Palette got temporarily disbanded and she parted ways with her best partner..."

Nene: "I'm not sure if there's anything we can do to bring her back to her happy self, along with her aim to make a million friends..."

Masamune: "All we can do right now is support her from behind, for all these are her own trials that she needs to overcome."