Seven | Professor Sycamore

The journey from Santalune City to Lumiose City was shorter than what I expected. Of course, I had to maneuver my way through using the Town Map so I wouldn't get lost. The region was still foreign to me and I wasn't comfortable asking around for directions when I was capable of finding them myself. Traveling with someone from the region would benefit me in one way, but my options were rather distasteful. Ugh, just the thought of them made me stiffen up.

Calem and Shauna weren't bad people, but their persistence was what rubbed me the wrong way. They shouldn't have expected me to be so opened; they didn't know me, let alone have an idea about how I felt arriving to this new region. What gave them the nerve to think I was capable of being friends with them? Most people were turned off by my attitude, but they somehow always knew how to shrug it off and approach me regardless.

It was rather blessing in disguise that I haven't seen them since the conversation that happened at Santalune Forest, which was three days ago. The only company I needed right now were that of my Pokémon. One mystery that still remained at the back of my mind was what was I going to do after getting the closure I sought after. I still had time to think about it, but what worried me was that I wouldn't know.

I grew up too fast back in Sinnoh and look what happened. I didn't trust the world around me and greeted everything and everyone with some sick sense of hostility. People wanted to lend their help to me, but my own issues wouldn't allow it. I was afraid of getting hurt again. This problem was the reason my friendship with Reese and Lucas ended. I had no one to blame but myself.

As I went through the entrance, I was immediately greeted with the sight of large buildings in every way I turned. The height of them made me feel small. I was struck with awe as I slowly walked further into the city. The people in the city all walked at their own pace: some wore business suits, others dressed casually, and children walking alongside their parents. The city was very lively, but what captured my eyes was the tower that stood out among the other buildings, for it seemed to touch the skies.

Lumiose City had officially put Jubilife City to shame.

With how large the city was, I had no clue where to begin exploring. The possibilities were endless! But first, I needed to make a quick trip to the Pokémon Center, which could be anywhere in this huge city. I wanted Nurse Joy to check on Torchic's health; his previous trainer might've been a breeder, but I still wanted to know how well Torchic was doing.

The PokéDex only gave me the basic information: gender and moveset. There was still more to learn about him, and yes, Torchic was male. As I scrolled through the Town Map for the Pokémon Center, an unfamiliar alert rang through my ears. What surprised me more was the fact that it was coming from my bag. Curiously, I sifted through my bag and pulled out the Holo Caster device Mom gave me before I parted from Vaniville Town.

The big red button was blinking light, so I pressed the button to see what would happen. Suddenly, a hologram of a man in his late thirties appeared as the device's surface flashed a blue hue of light. His face alone was recognizable; I saw him speaking with Professor Rowan that day when everything changed.

"Hello!" he greeted. "Welcome to the Kalos region, Emilia. I am Professor Sycamore, the Kalos region's Pokémon Professor."

Of course, how could I forget the name of the man that offered me the chance to escape my house of toxic memories?

"I hope you liked the starter you chose for your new journey." He chuckled in a friendly manner. "Anyway, my assistants have informed me that you also accepted the PokéDex. If that's the case, then please stop by at the laboratory in Lumiose City for an upgrade on the system. There are many more Pokémon to explore all over the region, not just a few places. I'll be awaiting your arrival."