Twenty Eight | Conquering the Past

Words couldn't describe how I felt at that moment. My baby brother, the one whom I failed to protect, was used as a life source to revive a legendary Pokémon. What the fuck had my dad been up to since the disappearance? Why would he pull Adam into this? I was furious, scared, hurt, and so much more that I didn't know if my brain could handle processing it.

I suddenly dropped to my knees as I stared up at my unconscious brother with tears trailing down my face. How the hell was he going to survive this? Was he even able to survive if we got him out of here? He's alive, but for how long? What was I supposed to do?!

"Talk to us, Emilia," Calem call out as he knelt down next to me. "What happened?"

"H-He's alive," I mumbled in disbelief. I felt myself beginning to grow hysterical. "This whole time... I thought Adam had died. M-My dad... had him here this whole time... He made Mom and I go through such a horrible depression because of that... D-Dad betrayed us. He fucking betrayed us!"

At that moment, the mental barricade I created to block out the memories of the past had finally crumbled down.

I suddenly found it difficult to breath and my heartbeat was through the roof when those memories flashed before my eyes. It became so overwhelming that I lost my sense of balance. Calem caught me as I pinched my eyes shut and clutched my chest tightly.

"Emi!" Shauna exclaimed worriedly.

My vision became blurry and my hearing went muffled. The world around me faded as I slipped into unconsciousness.

"Savior..."

Huh? That voice...

I lazily opened my eyes when her familiar voice called out to me. My back was against something firm yet soft. I didn't have the strength to get up; I felt tired, weak, and unable to move without fatigue holding me back.

"Haven't you done enough, Xerneas?" I mumbled in a low and raspy voice as I blankly stared at the white sky.

The sound of soft spatter echoed through the white abyss of nothingness. I felt the ripples forming with someone's footsteps. She was near, but I didn't bother moving one bit. Why even bother anymore.

I was suddenly greeted with the sight of a blue and black Pokémon watching me carefully. My tired eyes slowly widened when they landed on the large colorful antlers. It was like seeing mosaic art come to life. No matter how I felt at the moment, I couldn't deny the beauty before me.

"Wow..." I sighed.

"Allow me to give you some of my strength, my savior." Xerneas gently tapped my forehead with her nose.

I closed my eyes when I felt the soothing energy make its way throughout my body. For a moment, it felt like bliss; the soothing embrace from her power made me wish I could feel it forever. Unfortunately, that feeling wouldn't last for much longer.

It vanished once I was completely healed. I carefully sat up and placed a hand on my forehead. Everything that ached no longer hurt. Most importantly, where was I? I wasn't conscious, but it didn't explain how I wound up here or why I could finally see Xerneas in her true form.

"You suffered a panic attack," Xerneas explained. "Once you encountered your younger brother in such a state, those blocked memories resurfaced all at once that you became overwhelmed."

I dropped my gaze to my lap, shame crawling from the pit of my stomach. "Then it's all real. Adam was never dead. My dad set the whole thing up so we wouldn't look for him while he uses Adam for Team Flare's ambitions..."