It's a Cruel World

Mikasa was outside training for the battle that had yet to come. This was a common thing for her to be doing, but never this hard. Her 30 sit-ups, changed to 50, and her hand to hand combat time went from 20 minutes, to 2 hours. She was pushing herself harder and harder by the day. To protect Eren. And to fight.

Many years ago she was just a little girl who lived in a small house with her loving mother and father. But after they were both murdered in front of her eyes, she was taken, her will to live was gone. Then, she met Eren Yeager, the boy who she was in love with since the day they first met. He saved her from being sold to the black market and gave her hope, together they killed the kidnappers. After it was all over Eren gave Mikasa his red scarf and Mikasa was taken in by Eren's family. Now, she is a strong, beautiful but deadly soldier, living in this beautifully, cruel world.

"Mikasa!" An all-too familiar voice said, she turned around and smiled. "Eren!" She said happily. They walked to each other and hugged. Then Eren pulled away slightly and asked, "Care to train with me?" Mikasa looked at him and nodded. "Sure. I was going to take a small break soon but I think it can wait." Then Eren smiled and then, they began.

Eren got into a fighting stance, Mikasa got into her own. Then Eren narrowed his eyes and smirked slightly, Mikasa repeated. They looked at each other for quite some time. Then Eren threw a punch forward, aiming for Mikasa's abdomen. She dodged the attack, and sent a foot towards his side. Eren fell, and got back up and aimed for her head. She was hit, and briefly dazed. But recovered just in time to dodge Eren's foot going for her side. She grabbed his leg, and pulled hard, making Eren land on his back. He was done. Mikasa smiled at her victory and knelt down to look at him. "The key to an actual victory is, never let down your guard." She said. Then unexpectedly, as she got back up Eren swooped his feet at her legs making her fall onto her back. Then he pinned her down, and her eyes opened. "I win." He said smiling. She giggled slightly, and then Eren helped her get up. They smiled at each other, and then shared another kiss.

"Hey, guys." Both Eren and Mikasa looked and saw Armin walking towards them. He looked kind of worried about something. "Hey Armin, what's wrong?" Eren asked, with confusion. It took a while for him to answer, but their blonde friend said, "Umma, section commander Hange and me were looking for you, both of you. There's something we need to talk about back at headquarters."

When they got inside, commander Erwin and Levi were also waiting for them. Then they led them to a small room with large table and many chairs in the middle. Hange was already sitting down, though she didn't look as cheery as usual. In fact she looked worried as well. Eren and Mikasa sat down next to each other across from and a bit to the left of where Hange was. Armin sat next to her, Levi was on the other side, and commander Erwin was at the front of the table. Eren and Mikasa looked at everyone and wondered to themselves why they were both called to this meeting. Then Hange finally spoke.

"I know your both wondering why you are here." She said, and the two nodded in submission. "Well, the reason is because we have discovered something that could potentially, affect Eren's Titan powers." They both became very confused. Then Levi spoke, "And plus, it's better to tell you now while your still alive, brats." Then Armin pulled out a book. Opened it and showed them a picture of looked to be a woman holding an apple and a 6 meter titan with a hood and cloak.

 Opened it and showed them a picture of looked to be a woman holding an apple and a 6 meter titan with a hood and cloak

"That's Ymir." Armin said, pointing to the woman. "Here, she's making a deal with the devil of all earth, a deal that has been made to seal the fate of every one of the titan powers and their holders." Eren and Mikasa both gasped slightly. Then Hange spoke up. "The story goes, Ymir fritz created the power of the titans. She became the first one. The Founding Titan. And she divided her power into eight others. The Female Titan, the Armoured Titan, the Colossal Titan, the Beast Titan, the Jaw Titan, the Cart Titan, the Warhammer Titan, and the Attack Titan. All of them had different appearances and abilities. But they all shared something in common. If someone is turned into a titan, and they eat the current holder of one of the nine powers. Then the power will be passed on to them, and they become human again. But at terrible price, for at the very moment the flesh of the old holder touches their lips. They will have a half life, an incurable life, a short life of only 13 years."

"What we are trying to tell you two, is that. Eren Yeager, does not have much time left to live. He only has 8 years left of his life." Erwin stated. "We are truly sorry about this, but there is no cures to this I'm afraid. You may both be dismissed now."

They walked outside, and the looks on their faces were not of happiness. Mikasa looked like she was on the verge of a breakdown. Eren looked like he was about to throw up. And when the Earth Titans heard the news, their reactions were all different from the other. Mothra was just silent. Rodan was devastated. And Godzilla was very, very angry. He thankfully took his anger out on the titans. But ended up smashing a cliffside into a million pebbles.

Then Mikasa went missing the next morning and Eren had gone to look for her. He searched until noon, but he found her up high in one of the giant trees in the forest near headquarters. It was raining quite hard, but that didn't stop Eren. However when he got closer to Mikasa he heard she was crying lightly. He grappled over and when he finally got to her.

"Why? Why? Why, why does it always have to be this way." He heard her say through the drops of the rain and the drips of her tears. "WHY DO YOU DO THIS TO ME?!??!" She all of a sudden shouted out. "All I wanted-, was just to be with him, LIVE with him.- But no matter what I do reality will always pull me back." Eren listened to her every word. "I'm sorry Aunt Carla. But I can't save him this time. No matter how hard I try this world will alwAYS END IN THE CRUEL WAY IT ALWAYS DOES!" She began sobbing even harder. There was a rumble of thunder. Mikasa sobbed like she was wasn't even trying to hide it.

Eren came up to her and sat down behind her. She turned around, and buried her face in his chest, soaking his already damp cloak. He hugged her tightly, and put her hood up, so she didn't catch a cold, though she probably couldn't care less about herself. She was still crying in his arms. He was trying to comfort her the best he could.

 But he already knew, it wasn't going to be okay

But he already knew, it wasn't going to be okay. Because, in the end.

It's a cruel world.