Anguish

But the victory... was short lived.

(Godzilla: City On The Edge Of Battle OST - Decision At The End)

BOOM!!!

Ghidorah broke free of Eren's trap, roaring in fury as lightning shot out from his wings

Ghidorah broke free of Eren's trap, roaring in fury as lightning shot out from his wings. And to make matters worse... his left and right heads were growing back. They started out as membranous sacks with snake-like tongues flailing around. Then with the help of Ichi, they emerged and took shape, and once fully grown, Ghidorah stood tall and unleashed his Alpha Call.

Then together they bit Godzilla and slammed him on the ground. Destroying his dorsal fins and making him roar out in pain. They took advantage of it and fired their Gravity beams at where his dorsal fins used to be. Godzilla had never felt so much pain in his life, but still he refused to let this alien win, he tried to get back up, but couldn't.

Ghidorah loomed over him like a predator of the night, he began to charge his gravity beams again. Godzilla braced himself for the pain...

 Godzilla braced himself for the pain

When Mothra took it for him. "Goodbye Goji.. until we meet again." And with those final words... she exploded and turned into ash, and fell onto Godzilla's body. He roared out in sadness and then went limp. Ni, Ichi and San all smiled as Rodan landed in front of them, then, out of pure fear and willing to live. Rodan kneeled over, and bowed to the new alpha.

(Shingeki No Kyojin OST: Heartbeat)

Eren's eyes opened slowly, and what he saw was all but horrific. The fire demon Rodan bowing to Ghidorah. A finless Godzilla laying motionless on the ground. And the twins bawling their eyes out due to Mothra's death. "So... this is what true defeat feels like." He thought to himself, starting to stand back up. He looked around at the battlefield, which was littered with the bodies of dead scouts, along with a few that were barely alive. Then he turned around and saw his beloved Mikasa covered in burn marks and scratches from the battle, and his ex-nemesis Annie hugging and crying over his best friend Armin Arlert's unconscious body.

Then he stumbled over to Mikasa, it was basically all that he could do at this point. He collapsed in front of her and looked at her beaten but still gorgeous face, her ghost white skin, her stormy grey eyes, her smooth pink lips. He was about to kiss her, when suddenly... "Eren." She said weakly. "Listen... there's something I need to tell you..."

Eren looked into her eyes. "You've... always been by my side, thank you." She told him. "You... taught me how to live with purpose, thank you." Eren started smiling. "And you... wrapped this scarf around me... thank you.." Mikasa was beginning to tear up, but she was also smiling. "Thank you too Mikasa. For being there for me and Armin... even if it wasn't needed." They both laughed softly, then looked at each other, for perhaps the final time. Then they inched their faces closer together, closing their eyes, and doing what the only thing they could do.

They kissed. Full on tongue and everything. In the middle of the battlefield, with the three-headed devil approaching them, with their heads on the ground slithering in a sadistic manner, like snakes chasing mice. But they still kissed, and eventually separated, looking into each other's eyes once more. With Ghidorah right on top of them, they hugged each other, and waited... for the final blow.

"Goodbye Mikasa.."
"Thank you Eren. I love you too."

(0:07)