Chapter 13

*Two weeks later*

Today I woke up to the sound of my 7:00 alarm.

I've been going to school for two days now. Carter and I are back to how we used to be, because I told him we'd hang out a lot less if he didn't keep his hands to himself. Nick has a new girlfriend. My mom isn't crying herself to sleep after I go to bed. And I feel loads better because of all of the support I've gotten from friends and close family.

*First block*

I walk into Biology, sitting down next to Carter on my left and one of his friends Owen on my right. I put down my stuff onto the floor under my desk and take out my phone, since Carter is occupied with Vennessa Frederick at the moment. If nothing else, that girl can talk till she runs out of breath. Just as I'm  refreshing my Instagram feed, Owen taps me on my shoulder.

"What?" I ask, looking over at him.

"Are those two dating?" He asks me, looking towards Carter and Vennessa.

I look over, and Carter has his tongue down the poor girls throat. I look away from them and back at Owen.

"If they are, they just started today. But you know how Carter is." I say, and Owen just smirks.

"Yeah, right. Your single aren't you?" Owen asks.

I almost laugh at how straightforward that was. "Yeah I'm single, why?"

"I'm taking you out tonight, here's my number. I'll pick you up at seven thirty." He says as he hands me a torn piece of paper with a phone number on it.

Before I have a chance to reject him faster than he handed me his number, Mr. Polk walks in.

"Mr. Bradshaw and Ms. Fredrick, detach yourselves please." Mr. Polk says and the whole class starts laughing at both of their reddening faces.

"Thank you." And even Mr. Polk is smirking. He just likes messing with us, and he knows that their both embarrassed.

I look over at Carter and shrug my shoulders.

Then class began.